Pet scrubby photo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bredli1956

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Any one have a pet srubby as I would love to see them and if you have tips for them

Mainly how to handle them why the young that way I may have a srub with a good temper I know it almost imposible like winning the lotto

You handle them like any other snappy baby snake. They crap everywhere as soon as you touch them though.

Even a placid baby thats used to handling can grow into a typical tempered adult.

Srub = Scrub Python? [MENTION=11407]Joemal[/MENTION] on here has some great info about those lovely bipolar snakes :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yep I second the comment about them crapin everywhere when held.... And I don't mean a little one they really unleash it all over the floor so make sure u got plenty of towels around

Hahahaha i must have missed out on the pee/poo strain in my girl .I know of plenty of owners that regularly wear what comes out the non bitey end of their scrubs but i honestly have never had that problem with my girl .What i do have is a large snake that can turn on you in the blink of an eye and have to be on the ball 100% of the time when around her .Yes there are a few scrubs out there that are well "puppy dog friendly" but i know of cases of even the tamest one turning on its owner .So rule #1 is never trust a scrub as far as you could throw it they are a very intelligent snake and as in my case my girl doesn't just bite whatever is in reach anymore like when she was younger .Now she will sit and wait just watching till she knows i have dropped my guard and next thing she is aiming with a wide open mouth strike straight for the face .Yes thats right she goes for the face(eyes) now unlike her younger days of wasting energy just trying to bite any body part .At 15 ft and 18 kgs she knows she has the upper hand .Don't get me wrong they are an unreal snake to own but they can't be treated like you normal everyday python .Try that and you will pay for your mistake .Keeps your wits about you and you can't go wrong with them .I would love a placid one but all in all i know where i stand with this one and any mistakes i make it is entirely my fault and the snake can not be blamed .Food ... costs me a small fortune but that is because of freighting frozen food .What goes in one end comes out the other in most cases BIG .My enclosure has a plastic pool for her to swim in and guess where she likes to crap .Not nice trying to bale out dirty stinking water while you have a large ill tempered snake above you and only a few feet away .She is not all bad as pictures here and on my facebook page show she is quiet good when out but again she is well watched when photos are taken for the slightest sign of problems .In most cases they are not a "bring out and show the mates snake".Stick with other species if this is all you want them for .The only time i can get her out on my own is when she is on the floor of the enclosure which calls for the go in balls and all approach and catch her off guard (this works for me ).You muck around and give her a chance to realize whats going on and you will pay for it .Last time i tried getting her out while up in her cage it took 2 of us and she damn near broke my hand after getting i got it caught between her and part of her cage .I was on the non bitey end and the mate had to contend with a snake that wanted to relieve him of as much blood as she could .So there is a fraction of an insight into my Scrub Bredli1956 like i said they are an unreal snake to have BUT one that has to be treated with respect .What concerns me is they are now becoming the flavor of the month after a long stint of no-one wanting them .Now it seems everyone is asking for them which could lead to problems further down the track ....Cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back