**** Photo Gallery back online shortly!!! ****

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! Slatey has come to the party and purchased extra space on the server where we are hosted, so SJ is working to get the gallery back online shortly. Three cheers for Slatey! :)

This is not a cheap option, as you guys post a LOT of pics - some of them quite large.

Therefore we are looking for new sponsors to help offset the cost of running the site.

Any users who run a reptile related business are asked to think about getting more exposure for their business by buying banner ads here. This costs just $100 per year. We get a LOT of traffic on this site, both users and guests, so exposure to potential customers as very good.

Any interested users (non-users are welcome to advertise too!) should PM SLATEMAN or use the Contact Us link at left. I'll pass on any requests to Slatey.

Come on folks - help support this great community!

Woo Hoo! If I owned a Reptile Business I reckon that would be a great idea, ill pass it on to some pet shops around my way. $100 is nothing at all really.

Great news we have our first sponsor from this anouncement.
It is member olivehydra
His business is not herp releted, but he still like to support our site. That is great. I hope that people will click on his banner when we put it on.
Thanks Dorian.

Great news! Thanks to the tireless efforts of Slateman_Junior (thanks SJ!), the galleries are almost back online. There is still a lot of tidying up to do.

I think the galleries were re-created from an earlier backup, so some albums will be lost - apologies to those concerned.

JUST IN CASE : anyone who has pics in the albums who no longer have local copies, I'd recommend you save copies of those in your albums..... just in case!

Ok, the gallery is finally back online. It's taken a lot of work, but it's worth it, I'm sure you'll agree.

There is still some maintenance to be done, and you can help me if you would. Most of the albums in Personal Galleries are ok, but there are some sub-albums that I need to identify. If you spot one of your own sub-albums, please OM me with the name of the album and I'll move it into your album..

Eventually, it will all be operational again..

Don't worry about the duplicated albums - that'll be fixed shortly.

New users : If you want an album, PM me and I'll create it for you.

Cheers!

Update: We are now trialling an install of Gallery2. For this trial, I would like to request that everyone stops using the old version of Gallery for new photos. Currently there are no personal galleries in version 2, however these will be restored on request. If you would like your personal gallery restored please follow these steps:

1. Click the Gallery v2 link on the left (this will automatically create your user in the new gallery system)
2. PM me (Slateman_Junior) and let me know the name of your OLD gallery (as it appears in the Archived Galleries album)

Let me know if any of this is unclear.

hey s.j,, did you find my album that was lost??
for some reason i cant post pics nor do i have my old album,
needless to say im spewing about this..i would love to post recent herp pics but keep being told i cant..CAN YOU HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE,,there must be something you can do to find my old album or at least let me post my pics
baz

serpenttongue said:
My personal photo album has disappeared aswell. Is it possible to find it and stick it back in the personal gallery?

I can't seem to find your one. What was it called?

I have some albums backed up on my hard disk as well, and will go through them (eventually) and upload them.

I'll also have to get a handle on the new software, as I haven't used it before, so it will take some time before everyone is catered for. Having rellies staying for the next week will reduce my availability somewhat too! But....... I will get stuck in asap.

Some functions are disabled until SJ has had a chance to test them thoroughly.

Note that there is a 20MB limit (total) for photos in the gallery, so make sure that you reduce the size of your photos as much as possible.

If you don't know how to reduce the file size of your photos, take a look at this link: http://www.aussiepythons.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-2263.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back