Photos of 'Zar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KathandStu

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos we took of 'Zar this afternoon. He was having a lovely play climbing all over Stu & I. He seems to love being around my neck (though obviously when he gets bigger I won't be quite so relaxed about it) & climbing in my hair. So cute. :D

Kath

Great pics... of both you and your wiggly-worm! I love your hair colour, Kath! And is that the Venus of Wilendorf at the back of your neck? It's neat that Zar is so comfy with you :D

leighr33: 'Zar is about 9 months old & a Diamond x Carpet he is about the width of your littlest finger & 60cm long.

reptililian: Thanks. I am trying out the red hair colour (a nice change from my usual black) & I like it. Re: Venus - It isn't actually a representation of the Venus of Willendorf as I designed that tattoo myself but I did draw on various VofW pictures for inspiration. Both images are represntations of the Earth Goddess though. :) Yeah 'Zar has always been placid (since we got him anyway) but now he is in his permanant enclosure he seems to have gotten even more confortable being handled. Never any problems with him (though he doesn't climb on Stu quite as much as he does with me...maybe because Stu is hairer?)

The red really suits you! And it's a great tattoo. I feel an affinity with VofW, and would almost defy any woman not to. Funny, cos I am the most un-maternal, girl you could come across, and so not interested in reproducing, but have a huge admiration for it.

I'm glad Zar is happy in his permanent home. No more probs keeping him cool?
though he doesn't climb on Stu quite as much as he does with me...maybe because Stu is hairer?)
I find my smaller pythons, about the size of Zar, tend to balk at body hair too!

LOL! I thought it might be the hair! I can't wait to tell Stu! *Giggle*

VofW is just so sensual & beautiful isn't she? I would love a reprodution statue of Her (I have a granite statue along similar lines but it's just not the same as the Venus Herself! :p)

No worries keeping him cool now he is in a bigger enclosure with plenty of gentle air circulation. Here is a pic of his new enclosure. Plenty of room for him to climb around (& he does). Eventually Stu wants to get some plastic vines to make it a bit more "natural" looking & maybe some more branches to take advantage of all that height.

Nice! And the greenery of vines and branches will be beautiful against the purple. If it'd fit, you could even put your almost-Venus statue in there!

If you watch really closely you will probably be able to see Zar bump his nose into a hair and recoil in horror, as if it really hurt his nose, or really stunk. It's quite funny!

My statue is only about 30cm tall & the enclosure is almost a meter tall so it would fit...it's a great idea...I might well do that! Thanks for the suggestion.

Stu just read your comment about nose-bumping & laughed! :D

Great pics :)

When they get big and fat they still love climbing all over your head...which is fine with me, but if you've got your hair up and they can wriggle through they will, and they always seem to use it as a perch to smell the roof which pulls your head back....I think I give my guys too much leeway...

:lol: My bigger ones do exactly that!

I've got all sorts of stuff in my enclosures. If it's safe and appropriate for them to play on, it goes in.

I love the one of the snake necklace! 8)

At first I couldn't see the snake. Then... wow!

Very cool! 8) 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back