Please help major egg issue with pygmy dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchy88

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I seperated my two pygmy dragons male and female they are only a year old and I didn't want them breeding as the male started trying to mate with her so I moved her but he might have got one away she was looking a little fatter so I thought there could be a chance she was pregnant so I put some extra sand in her new enclosure jst incase anyway I came home the sarvo and found this on the surface of the sand not buried I am 99% sure it's an egg but there was only one and it looks a little bit squashed and deformed please advice needed is she goin to lay more what do I put in her enclosure incase she does have more? Why wasn't it buried? Y only the one? Any help appreciated?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 74
Yes you are right it is an egg, I have had some unburried eggs before and are not quite sure why, but I think it has happend because their is little sand(dirt etc.) for them to bury it. Usually when an egg is sunken in like the one in your picture, it is no longer viable. My bearded dragon was pregnant and only produced one egg also, but I read about it and it said to make them a nesting box and then all of a sudden the other 15 came out, the lizard needs deeper sand in some places I put my deep part in a corner, perhaps 20cm deep. good luck.:rolleyes:

Yep, what dragonlover1 said, a blacked out laying box with a hole in the lid, filled with damp sand or soil. Mine like it dark, yours will definitely lay more, you just need to provide the right conditions. That one egg is probably sunken due to low humidity, if you put in a box at >85% humidity, there is every chance it will be viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back