Please help me! I’m not sure if my snake is sick!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maylilley

Reaction score
Hello I have a 8month old children’s python and I lately noticed a tiny bit of a stain on the corner of his mouth and I’m scared he is sick so can someone please look at the photos and tell me firstly if he is sick, and secondly what to do (whether that be going to the vet ). Sorry if this is irritating but I’m worried he’s unwell. He has still been eating and moving around and he hasn’t submerged himself in water. He hasn’t acted weird but this mouth thing looks like it could be bad or signs of sickness. Sorry the photos aren’t amazing but please can someone give me some direction because I’ve done a ton of google searching and trying to find anything but I’m still unsure. Okay thanks for taking your time to read and hopefully respond. Please help me!6AE448CA-024B-4BFA-9B0B-15F16CC68F32.jpeg97E77A62-9DB6-4826-8AF7-49B87B41A85C.jpegB600F46D-A220-4197-B981-C8030A314CBF.jpegF9C4F598-5637-4F1A-A0FB-40C9AD818CCA.jpeg9E85BF6B-8BB8-40DC-835F-E81DC2676550.jpeg
[automerge]1625126416[/automerge]
When I look back at videos from when I got him the same stains were there but they weren’t as distinct and I’m just a little scared he’s sick

Last edited:
Hi Maylilley
1) Im no expert, i keep carpets.
2) Realy is impossible to tell from pics. Need to see inside mouth.
If you are concerned i would find an apropriate vet . You may be able to send them pics, but they would need to examine it to make sure. Sorry i cant help more. Best of luck ☺

He looks like a cute snake! I don't see anything wrong - but it's very hard to tell from photos.

When you say stains, are you just referring to the spots it has all over its body, and you're worried because it has them near its mouth too?

Can’t really tell from photos, looks more like pattern of snake not staining or sores.If it’s eating fine (no excess saliva)and happily moving about, you probably have nothing to worry about.Is it pooping and shedding normally? Is it rubbing it’s mouth on the hide or front of enclosure? Is it acting different to what you usually observe ie is it irritable ?

From the pics, it looks like what you think is staining is actually Spots like what he has all over him, the spots look to be just coloured scales. To be sure what it is, I would highly recommend to take him to a reptile Vet especially if you are worried. The problem in asking here is we can't tell if there is anything wrong going by pictures, a vet is the best way to go.

Noel

From the pics, it looks like what you think is staining is actually Spots like what he has all over him, the spots look to be just coloured scales. To be sure what it is, I would highly recommend to take him to a reptile Vet especially if you are worried. The problem in asking here is we can't tell if there is anything wrong going by pictures, a vet is the best way to go.

Noel

A trip to the vet literally to diagnose a spotted pattern? Wow.

don’t ask me ask @Maylilley lol

You don't even know if you've been to the doctor in the last week? Definitely best to go ASAP just to be safe.

If someone sneezes once, immediate trip to the doctor.

Paper cut? Doctor ASAP!

Misplaced your car keys? Could me a mild stroke or brain tumour causing memory loss, better see the doctor.

Notice that you're wearing an extra jumper? It might be the cold weather or it might be a physiological disorder causing your body to underheat. Better go to the doctor.

Felt like ice-cream after dinner? Could be a random craving, could be diabetes, better go to the doctor.

Something normal happened and you've worked out nothing was wrong? DOCTOR NOW!!!

Snake with a spotted pattern literally has a spot on its face. ZOMG! VET!

Man, western people are so weird.

Someone asked me what my cats name was the other day and I couldn’t for the life of me remember it untill I saw an old fb post, should I see the doctors?

Someone asked me what my cats name was the other day and I couldn’t for the life of me remember it untill I saw an old fb post, should I see the doctors?
Duh. As well as all of the people you have had contact with over the past 3 years. It's best to be sure. Also, take the cat to the vet.

Latest posts

Back