PLEASE HELP !!!! pregnant common bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KEISH

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Maroubra, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Long story short, I've just purchased a beardie pair and female is pregnant (of course, adult) and I've never had much experience with these guys (especially pregnant ! ). Both are in enclosure currently and heating has been adjusted to 3C hotter for her during basking. (Feeding her high calcium diet; etc)

Anyways what exactly do I do from here ?

love to here all your answers, please help me out as much as you guys can, that would be great and a life saver !!!!

Cheers KP

What species are they?
You need to ensure that the gravid female has a suitable place for egg deposition. i.e moist sand for laying her eggs in.

Yes you can but coarse sand is better IMO. You could offer both and let her choose. This is not critical though, as most breeders transfer the eggs ASAP to an incubation medium like perlite or vermiculite.
If she's gravid and close to laying then I would recommend separating the male from her.
When you say common beardy, do you mean Pogona barbata or P.vitticeps, which is more commonly kept?

Last edited:
Yes top soil in a storage container is perfect, thats what I always use. But its better if the container is blacked out, also the soil must be moist so it will hold together.

I'm actually not sure which type ??? I can post photos for you guys though ?

And how exactly should I incubate the eggs without paying the pet shops a fortune ?
I would say she's got about a week left in her as I've been told she will dig frantically looking for a place to lay and before she starts that, she gets to looking thicker closer to her back legs rather than her centre

- - - Updated - - -

Would be great to hear everyone's comments on incubation and what to do after hatching, female has now laid so please help with your knowledge !!!!

I know there's probably 101 threads out there but is very helpful hearing what you guys have to say :) please feel free

thanks KP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back