Please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Hi! I am wondering if anyone can help me, I am wanting to get into a career with reps and amphibs/herpetology, have a great interest in them and good knowledge but don't know what sort of careers you can really persue in this industry. Has anyone got any ideas, or maybe can tell me of their own experience or business/employment/occupation if has anything to do with these animals. I am 22yrs old and live in north qld but can't even find anywhere with this sort of area of work to get some experience. I have really ruled out doing a Uni degree at this stage. Please help with any info that may be useful if possible. The other career I am definately interested in is becoming a ranger or working with parks and wildlife but once again don't have the opportunity for Uni, not right now anyway. Cheers

tafe,uni,volunter work at a zoo
or get in touch with a local herp
cheers
brad

The only way to earn decent money and to work with reptiles is to breed them. When i was 13-14 i was interested in nothing else other than becoming a zoo keeper. But everyone i knew told me not to do it, and to just keep them as a hobby. They were right, it is such a hard industry to get in to, and the pay is crap. But if you love it that much, and you are happy to eat at McDonald's for the rest of your life, then go for it i say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back