Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phatty

Reaction score
IMG_2245.jpgIMG_2247.jpg
61238_10151249376279446_1891968974_n.jpg
480283_10151249375989446_250718610_n.jpg

Last edited:
It's a goanna of some sort. Looks more like a scalaris to me than a tristis which would fit with your location. The heads a bit like a storrs but the spots look more scalaris.Yes nice find

agree with spongebob at first sight was thinking tristis but the pattern and colour look like scalaris possibly either way very nice find very cute

All I find in my pool is dead rats, frogs & the occasional blue tongue... nice find :)

Pattern on the back certainly suggests tristis or scalaris but the head and neck not so much. I do not know the pattern of juvenile V.mitchells but I'd consider it an option seeing as it was found in the pool.

It looks like it could be Varanus scalaris based on pattern. Was it found in Darwin?

My best guess is Varanus scalaris then, based on colour, pattern and location.

what about [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Myriad Pro, Helvetica]Varanus tristis tristis i fond a pic on the net what look very similar
[/FONT]
IMG_2755.JPG
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Myriad Pro, Helvetica] [/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

what about [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Myriad Pro, Helvetica]Varanus tristis tristis i found a pic on the net what look very similar
[/FONT]
IMG_2755.JPG
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Myriad Pro, Helvetica] [/FONT]

Tristis and Mitchell's have pointy snouts. Yours is more blunted like scalaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back