Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Had a morning call from a local plummer for this guy. Unfortunately the householder had poured bleach and hot water over him and flushed the toilet several times in an attempt to get rid of him before I was called, so he wasn't a happy chap. Cleaned him up and released at a local water supply. He was keen to be on his way:)!

Attachments

• toilet RBB 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    toilet RBB 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 359
  • toilet RBB 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    toilet RBB 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 353
Poor guy had a ****ty day. Good on you iV

What kind of person pours bleach and hot water on a live animal?!

It's suprising what people will come up with when they feel threatened. Just makes my job more dangerous than necessary (and that's something else they don't consider). Instead of just liftting the guy out mid body, I had to head him and slowly manipulate him out of the S-bend, he wasn't going quietly.

Those brown marks across his body were burns, I suspect from the bleach?

- - - Updated - - -

Was that in an indoor toilet?

Yes, indoor.

Well that would have been a surprise to go to the loo and find a red belly black sitting there. Better to call the snake removalist instead of the plumber.

Good on you. God RBB's are beautiful snakes. I'll get one, one day when I learn how to not get bitten:) I just don't think I'm good enough at survival to own one of them just yet.

i wonder how they would of liked bleach and hot water poured over their head. only one way to find out i guess ;)

Oh dear.... The poor critter! And poor YOU having to deal with a cranky critter IV!
As soon as I read the "poured bleach and hot water over him" bit, I was disgusted! Do you think there would be any lasting effect from that 'treatment' IV? I seriously hope not!
Such a beautiful specimen too! (how the hell do YOU get all the stunners?!)
Job well done, yet again! :)
Best,
Carolyn

Agree with the others... Poor RB, but at least he is out and back into nature!

RB's are such a fabulous looking animals, they are stunning!

Do you think there would be any lasting effect from that 'treatment' IV? I seriously hope not!

Hopefully not Carolyn. He cleaned up OK under the hose and I gave him a wipe over before release. Here's a few pics the plummer sent me. They are stunning snakes and I believe an asset around any home.

Attachments

• DunnySnake_0004 [1600x1200].jpg
    DunnySnake_0004 [1600x1200].jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 166
  • DunnySnake_0005 [1600x1200].jpg
    DunnySnake_0005 [1600x1200].jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 163
Great job on the rescue, what a lovely animal. Just to veer slightly off topic, an RBBS is the one venomous snake I would consider keeping. For those out there who have them, how are they as a captive animal, agression wise etc (I know it's hard to generalize). They are such beautiful animals...

Well done Richard. Stunning animal, they really are an awesome snake.

What kind of person pours bleach and hot water on a live animal?!

That's exactly what I was thinking....

Poor bloody animal. Pitty the householder didnt get tagged on the a*se. Would have been a small win for the snake.
i wonder how they would of liked bleach and hot water poured over their head. only one way to find out i guess ;)
Another two things I was thinking ;)

Good on you. God RBB's are beautiful snakes. I'll get one, one day when I learn how to not get bitten:) I just don't think I'm good enough at survival to own one of them just yet.
I would also love to have one, they are my favourite Aussie Snake, along with the BHP, GTP and Tiger Snake.

Great job on the rescue, what a lovely animal. Just to veer slightly off topic, an RBBS is the one venomous snake I would consider keeping. For those out there who have them, how are they as a captive animal, agression wise etc (I know it's hard to generalize). They are such beautiful animals...

I've kept a few over the years (both captive bred and wild caught) and always found them the perfect captive. Vens are very addictive, though, and I'll bet you end up with other species also:).

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Richard. Stunning animal, they really are an awesome snake.

Well worth 30 mins with your hand down someone's toilet:)!

- - - Updated - - -

Looking now at the pics the plummer sent me, I think I got the gender wrong. Looks female, any experts care to have a guess?

poor snake, i hope you or the plummer tried to educate the home owners. next time tell them to leave it alone and call you, what they did is animal cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back