Possible Bacterial Infection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laefiren

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a bioactive set up. I’m worried this is a bacterial infection. If it is how do I deal with it. I’ve seen cleaning out the tank is a great idea which I plan to do, however. What do I do about the isopods and springtails that are kind of part of the substrate.
I’ve reached out to the one vet in my area that does frogs and they don’t have any appointments available until next Tuesday.

Attachments

• 10495352-BD88-4BC5-A511-8D90C7680235.jpeg
    10495352-BD88-4BC5-A511-8D90C7680235.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The bright green spots on her side near her back leg. I’ve read that bright green spots can be bacterial infections.

Where is the suspected infection?
The bright green spots on her side near her back leg. I’ve read that bright green spots like that can be bacterial infections. But I can’t check with a vet as they’re booked until Tuesday. I’m going to check tomorrow and see if there’s another one that can help.

It may be. There's several bathing methods to assist with this but better off discussing with a vet first.
Bacterial and fungal infections are common and often associated with enclosures with waterfalls/paludarium style enclosures, most Aussie frogs aren't "wet" frogs, I would move it into a tub with just paper towel a hide and water dish until you get it sorted and only mist once a day with spring or r/o water. If your re-doing your enclosure/s I could send you some beneficial bacterias and mycelliums to seed the substrate with.

Latest posts

Back