Possible Eastern Brown inside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi, A friend of mine has spotted a possible Eastern Brown in her kids room. She has had a number of people come in and try to locate it, to no avail. It is definitely in there as fresh droppings have been found. They have moved out of the house, but this has been 5 days now and with 4 little kids they are feeling quite anxious.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to locate it. They have carpet so spreading flour is not an option. She thinks it has been isolated to a specific room. Thus far snake traps haven't worked either.
They are located in Hornsby Heights, Sydney.
Expert opinions appreciated.

I hate recommending it, but maybe bird netting near the areas they suspect it's coming through? At that rate it'll get tangled up etc, but then poses another risk of becoming more dangerous because it's now trapped. You'd also have to watch the area carefully and then get in a relocator pretty quick-smart to release it from the netting. Just an idea.

The professionals have searched for 4 days to no avail. :-(

SydneySnakeCatchers, Google them. Rob Ambrose will solve all your woes.

Browns love rodents. You could try putting several mice in a small cage in the middle of a piece of 200um black plastic (the type builders use)and lightly dust the perimeter with flour. That would at least tell you if it was still around and in which room.

Blue

No, don't do that. That's how people get bitten.

I also doubt your love.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, most people are bitten by ven's while trying to kill them or touch them. so i would stay away from it and let the professionals do their jobs. if you see one watch were it goes and hides from a safe distance while calling a snake catcher.

i am a member of the reptile park and live on a farm my house is chock a block full of reptiles i love snakes but not browns

how can you love snakes but single out on species. a snake is a snake either you love all of them and respect them for what they are or you don't.

when you have kids and live in the bush and there are no snake catchers around you have to deal with it yourself trust me i don't enjoy it

If it is attacking your kids maybe...... But this particular Brown is not.

there is locale snake catchers and no kids in house as they have moved out yet you still said kill it.

when you have kids and live in the bush and there are no snake catchers around you have to deal with it yourself trust me i don't enjoy it
so instead of grabbing your kids you grab the shovel putting yourself at risk , you need to seriously have a think about that one doesnt sound like alot of logic has been used , do you think youll be real useful to your kids when your buried in the ground ?

For those that lump all snakes together as to how you should react and manage them, all I can say your field experiences with different species are evidently lacking. For example, I would comfortable tailing a warm tiger snake any day but would think twice about doing so with a warmed up brown snake. Eastern browns in particular have a short wick and are given to display aggressive defence far more readily than most other species. Steve Irwin did a video on the top 10 most dangerous snakes. Have a look at his handling of an Eastern Brown compared to the much more venomous Central Taipan.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back