Presentation - Crocodile social systems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baker

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit of self promotion, but for anyone in Sydney I will be down on the 11th of March to give a presentation to the Hawkesbury Herpetological society. In this talk I will be presenting an overview of my PhD research which has focused on investigating the social systems of estuarine crocodiles. The talk will be presented at the Penrith valley regional sports centre with the meeting starting at 7pm and my talk then beginning at around 7:30pm.

If you want some more information about what the talk will be about, or the when and where please follow the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/4744155452368678(turns out facebook links look a little dodgy on here)

Hopefully nothing happens this time causing it to get postponed again!
Cheers, Cameron

Estuarine crocodile (Crocodylus porosus) by Cameron Baker, on Flickr
Obligatory croc photo just cause

cool! are u a herpetologist?if so thats real cool i would like to be one as well when i'm older!!!!!!! i would love to check that out but thats to late for me im kinda busy with school work. Tho if you could possibly record it and post a link on here or a video on youtube that would be great cus i would be really interested in that!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) also i have a freind in the hawksebury herpitological society her names calista you know her?

Hi pyhonhead,

I could be considered a herpetologist. However, I generally consider myself more of a behavioural and movement ecologist rather than a herpetologist, as the research questions and work I am interested in goes beyond just herps. I've just been rather lucky to get to work on crocodiles as primary study species over the last 6 years. Considering it's on a Friday night I'm sure you could convince your parents to take you along to an educational talk, even if it is a bit late.

Not sure what's going to happen recording wise for the talk. I'd have no problem with it being recorded, just depends what society has planned and is capable of doing. We'll just have to see what ends up happening with it. Also I don't really know anyone from the Hawkesbury herpetological society other than the president Col who invited me along to present again.

Cheers, Cameron

Oh well, I asked my parents... I wasn't there, unfortunately. I'm sure it would have been great though I wish they said yes but I hope you did well. You sound like a very intelligent guy hope u get to do more stuff like this!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also just curios what uni did you go to? unless thats a weird question.

Latest posts

Back