Pygmy Bearded Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamllama

Reaction score
just wondering on people's opinion on pygmys co-existing together or with other small species such as netted dragons
Thanks

It should be okay, just as long as the enclosure space is large enough with multiple feeding and basking spots to decrease competition. However, mixing species is usually avoided because it's more trouble than it's worth.

I wouldn't keep pygmys together. All our central and pygmy bearded dragons have their own enclosures because when we first got into them we were told they should only ever be put together for breeding. I have since seen why after having them. One was being rehomed for attacking it's house mate and another pair of babies we got when they were 7 weeks old we were told were fine together until they were around 6 months, at the 3 month mark one started dominating the other to the point it was terrified every time she walked towards him.

Some have successfully kept them together but they can turn at any time and I've always seen advice against it.

I think its the same for all lizard species. In the wild, they roam around by themselves and not in groups. Lizards are solitary by nature. But like jaded said, people have succesfully kept more than one lizard in the same enclosure.

Just like people claim to have successfully kept snakes together, keeping dragons together is not recommended as a general rule. Netted dragons are one exception to the rule, and pygmies have been known to co-exist better than central beardies. Personally, I would err on the side of caution and keep them separate.

personally I keep all my dragons in separate enclosures but I have sold to a lady who keeps a pygmy and a netted together and has done for over a year

When I was looking for a central Netted dragon, the guy had only one available and said it will die if u keep it by itself, so he said to get a pygmy aswell to keep together. But I didn't get it, cause I am after a pair of just the Netted dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back