Pygmy mulga monitor breeders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syphilis ninja

Reaction score
Hi, was hoping to be put on some lists or get in contact with some breeders of this awesome monitor. Appreciate any help.
[doublepost=1593687621,1593687381][/doublepost]Was also wondering about backup globes. Has anyone blown a globe in the cold of winter? Lost a lizard?

Hi, was hoping to be put on some lists or get in contact with some breeders of this awesome monitor. Appreciate any help.
[doublepost=1593687621,1593687381][/doublepost]Was also wondering about backup globes. Has anyone blown a globe in the cold of winter? Lost a lizard?

I haven't kept them for over 10 years now but used to breed bucketloads of them, great lizards.

I'm not sure which lizards you're worried about losing in winter, but Pygmy Mulgas are tough as old boots. I wouldn't recommend doing it but I'm pretty sure they'd literally be okay with a couple of weeks in the fridge during winter, and I'm sure they'd be okay with a few days in the fridge. They come from extreme environments, I gave them basking spots of around 80 degrees (which they did use, and yes, their skin literally felt hot to the touch while they were basking or just after) and it's no problem taking them well under 10 degrees overnight in winter (or during the day for a while if you wanted to).

Totally agree with Sdaji. The trick to keeping them is to provide a basking spot that is 60 degrees or more. It may sound insane but that is actually what is required. There are a few dealers in WA who do at times provide them. I'll ask around if you like?

Yes thankyou. Great feedback. Appreciate it. Would it kill an ackie?
After as many contacts as I can. Thankyou

Yes thankyou. Great feedback. Appreciate it. Would it kill an ackie?
After as many contacts as I can. Thankyou

Putting ackies in a fridge won't kill them either, they come from similar distributions and are often found almost side by side (the Pygmy Mulgas in the trees, the Ackies in the rocks, they both get exposed to extreme temperatures) but again, don't do it. The temperatures you'll find inside any normal Australian house overnight in winter won't hurt them. As long as you're not freezing them solid, you won't have a problem with overnight cold if your heating malfunctions.

Latest posts

Back