Pygmy Python eating machines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PMyers

Reaction score
After testing the waters, so to speak, with a pair of olive pythons and getting used to the concepts of reptile husbandry I decided to try the other side of the size coin and purchase a pair of Pygmy Pythons. Now I had heard that they were difficult to get feeding as hatchlings, but the two I received didn't seem to suffer that malady, and required only minimal prompting to get feeding once I got them settled. Now however, some 5 months later, these little suckers are veritable eating machines. One in particular absolutely adores his food, and will readily take feed items presented to him whilst I am handling him. He seems to suffer absolutely no stress from being handled, and will happily consume his entire meal while being held. Not sure how common this is for any snake, let alone a Pygmy, but thought I would share it with you all regardless.

Happy Herping,
Pete

Always helps when your snakes are good feeders! Makes for happy keeping ;)

Mine's not a pygmy, but an A. stimsoni. She's a pig in the shape of a snake. She fell off the edge of her open click-clack once, after striking and coiling around a mouse. (Fortunately she didn't fall far, just to the table.) When I gently picked her up and put her back in her click-clack, she continued to swallow, totally oblivious.

I think they know they're eensy and don't want to miss out on the opportunity to get as big as possible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back