Pygmy Python Info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lysseee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am a new snake owner (and completely in love with these beautiful creatures!) and the snake that i decided to get was a gorgeous little Pygmy Python who I have named Nala.
While i did reasearch as much as i could about her species, I found there is very little online about them. If any other Pygmy owners have any tips or handy info to add, please do!

So far I am learning about her as we go. Heres what I have found:

Prefers the smallest hiding space possible (obviously!)
At 1 yr she is 40cm long, a reddish/brown colour with black spots, a pearlish underbelly and a black pinstripe from eye to tail both sides.
Absolutely wonderful temperament. Handles well (probably courtesy of the breeder) and loves to explore, especially pockets!
Most active in the evenings and night.

She is a stunning little snake and my little pride and joy! Could other Pygmy owners share photos and knowledge of these beautiful snakes?

Here are some photos of her, she looks much bigger than in real life.

Attachments

• nala.jpg
    nala.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 112
  • nala2.jpg
    nala2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 142
Gorgeous little thing, I know bugger all about them and husbandry requirements though

same as most of the childrens python husbandry requirements, Their just smaller and if they dont wanna eat can be a pain. Also if they get sick its hard as they are so small. I have a thin book called something like 'keeping and breeding childrens pythons', I think its the reptile keepers range and has a perthensis on the front i think. Few pages on the perthensis at the end and they refer most info to the childrens python as far as heat and requirements. stunning little pythons though, i really like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back