Python wrapped around little girl in Lismore

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickerbox

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I woke up to hear this item on the news headlines this morning...

"A NSW mother has described the shock of waking to find a 3m python coiled around her two-year-old daughter and biting the little girl as she lay in bed. Mum, 22, of Lismore in the state’s north, was asleep with her daughter Zara in her bed when she woke at around 3:30am to find her cat on the bed hissing..." (story continues on an internet news website)

Which one of you blokes did this removal?

The news article attributes Tex's Snake Removal Service - Lismore.

In spite the terror that this situation would have caused for any parent to be awoken to, let alone the little girl, I think that it was a wonderful display of educational opportunity on the removalist's part to show the snake to the girl and mother and talk about it afterwards. Great outcome for all! Well done!

And who would ever have thought that a cat would save the day ;)

Wow I guess cats are good for something. I'm glad it turned out the way it did. It could have been bad.

Greetings all,

I woke up to hear this item on the news headlines this morning...

"A NSW mother has described the shock of waking to find a 3m python coiled around her two-year-old daughter and biting the little girl as she lay in bed. Mum, 22, of Lismore in the state’s north, was asleep with her daughter Zara in her bed when she woke at around 3:30am to find her cat on the bed hissing..." (story continues on an internet news website)

Which one of you blokes did this removal?

The news article attributes Tex's Snake Removal Service - Lismore.

In spite the terror that this situation would have caused for any parent to be awoken to, let alone the little girl, I think that it was a wonderful display of educational opportunity on the removalist's part to show the snake to the girl and mother and talk about it afterwards. Great outcome for all! Well done!

And who would ever have thought that a cat would save the day ;)
It is amazing how chinese wispers work. The article i read in the Daily Telegraph said the snake was 1.85 meters long but when it gets to APS it is already 3meters.

Thinking the same thing Warwick..the news ppl said its 6ft which equats to 2metres,well it did when i went to school..

Thinking the same thing Warwick..the news ppl said its 6ft which equats to 2metres,well it did when i went to school..
Wrong school! i am 6ft 61/2inches tall or 2meters in the new fangled metric. lol

Well who really knows how big this snake was? - The catcher.

I'm hoping it was one of you blokes so we can get the full story. Sounds like an interesting yarn.

In any case, a snake that thought it could potentially consume a 2 year old human (15+ kgs) must have some size to it...

Well who really knows how big this snake was? - The catcher.

I'm hoping it was one of you blokes so we can get the full story. Sounds like an interesting yarn.

In any case, a snake that thought it could potentially consume a 2 year old human (15+ kgs) must have some size to it...
In the interview the catcher said 6 feet and that there was no way the snake had any intention of eating anyone.Like post #1 said Its good to use the situation for educating rather than being alarmist! His phone number is listed if you want to question him further.

In the interview the catcher said 6 feet and that there was no way the snake had any intention of eating anyone.Like post #1 said Its good to use the situation for educating rather than being alarmist! His phone number is listed if you want to question him further.

Cheers,
The report I heard had no interview with the catcher, nor any phone number. Thanks for the info though. No one's being alarmist here...

Don't worry, soon enough it will have been 6m, one of those venomous pythons, and it only managed to bite the girl after it chased her 200m to do it. :D

I'm impressed though, that's a really great outcome for everyone, one less person brandishing a shovel :)

i was looking at that article yesterday i thought it was a 3 metre coastal? and it bit the daughetr twice before the mother wrestled it off....i hate news stories and the way all the facts get muddled up...

Wrong school! i am 6ft 61/2inches tall or 2meters in the new fangled metric. lol

I wasnt worrying about the few inches...but 6ft is closer to 2mtrs then 3mtrs...The news ppl have to beef up the story otherwise it wouldnt be a story..

I wasnt worrying about the few inches...but 6ft is closer to 2mtrs then 3mtrs...The news ppl have to beef up the story otherwise it wouldnt be a story..

I miss the old days when we had news REPORTS instead of news STORIES. I think they should change the official job description from "reporter" to "chief maker-upper of make believe stories" It'd be more accurate.

I heard it was a reticulated python 20m in length. I also heard that the daughter was constricting the snake while it was sleeping in bed.

Do not tell my dad this :shock: He'll make me sell my carpets :cry:

Poor girl, at least the mother didn't brick the snake :lol: I;m glad everyone is okay in the end.....except the digeste-....uh...missing cat :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back