Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_75

Reaction score
Hi,

A quick question for any stimsoni keepers in QLD, have you recorded the scientific name of species to the subspecies?
eg Antaresia stimsoni stimsoni or Antaresia stimsoni orientalis

Has orientalis been officially recognised?

Cheers,
Nick

I don't know about Qld but here in NSW the boofocrats don't even class them as Antaresia,our morons think they are Liasis.
I have Pygmy Banded Stimsons so we just class them as Antaresia sp. till they get themselves sorted out

I've got WA & Qld Stimmies but they're all just Antaresia stimsoni in my records

I don't know about Qld but here in NSW the boofocrats don't even class them as Antaresia,our morons think they are Liasis.
I have Pygmy Banded Stimsons so we just class them as Antaresia sp. till they get themselves sorted out

I spent ages looking for Antaresia Stimsoni before realising they were under a different name. Confusing for a start- I had to double check that Liasis Stimsoni was not some other species, and since everyone else has updated their info on the scientific name of Stimsons Pythons, is rather hard to clarify that it is indeed the one and same thing.

Hi dragonlover,
I have a Bnaded Pygmy as well. Lovely looking animals.
IMAG0099.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've got WA & Qld Stimmies but they're all just Antaresia stimsoni in my records

Thanks Matt,

I will keep my logbook simple as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I spent ages looking for Antaresia Stimsoni before realising they were under a different name. Confusing for a start- I had to double check that Liasis Stimsoni was not some other species, and since everyone else has updated their info on the scientific name of Stimsons Pythons, is rather hard to clarify that it is indeed the one and same thing.

Hi Buggster,

QLD reclassified as Antaresia quite some time ago. My first Spotted Python in 1997 was recorded as Liasis.

Yes, they require species only. You can actually put down a Diamond Python as a Carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back