Question about my snake.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly_tiani

Reaction score
Hey im lilly, i have a childrens python shes almost 3months old. We just moved her into a new enclosure and she will not eat and she gets snappy when my family or i try to handle her most of the time, she usually buries herself and curls up. We tried moving her to her old enclosure to feed her but she still wouldnt eat. Could anyone please help me understand whats going on?

I doubt she's under 3 months old, that would put her well out of season.

Most likely she is responding to the season. They often feed through winter if everything is nice and stable, but a sudden change such as an enclosure change during winter often makes them decide to play it safe and stop eating until spring.

7 months sounds about right :)

As long as she appears to be in good health and condition I'd leave her be for about a month then offer a feed. You could even reduce the temperature for the next two weeks or so then bring it back up next month for two or three weeksbeforeofferinga feed.

Thank you, does it matter if she hasnt shed for 8 weeks. Other than that shes very healthy, put on weight as shes growing and still drinking water.

Latest posts

Back