Question on feeding my Stimmie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talanthas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My approx 1 year old stimmie has the munchies at the moment. As soon as we hit spring it seems to be dissatisfied with a weekly feed. Am I underfeeding @Hopper mouse a week? The little guy is only about as thick around as a 10cent coin so I dunno if I should move up to weaner or adult mice. Its my first snake so I'm still learning what to do. I'm guessing that its hungry as its out during the day and has started striking at my hand. Any thoughts you would like to share would be appreciated.

My approx 1 year old stimmie has the munchies at the moment. As soon as we hit spring it seems to be dissatisfied with a weekly feed. Am I underfeeding @Hopper mouse a week? The little guy is only about as thick around as a 10cent coin so I dunno if I should move up to weaner or adult mice. Its my first snake so I'm still learning what to do. I'm guessing that its hungry as its out during the day and has started striking at my hand. Any thoughts you would like to share would be appreciated.
I'd try a weaner and see how you go

I feed my Spotted, two Fuzzy rats per feed, only because her body is still a tad small. She still looks hungry but, I risk making her too fat. It's hard to resist those little feed-me eyes, but you must think about the health of the animal for the long run. As their bodies get bigger, you feed them prey a little larger than their tummy. If it leaves a small bump in the tummy, that is the correct size food.

Latest posts

Back