Questions Lacquer/Varnishes/Etc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Reaction score
Hey guys, just curious on what sort of varnishes or what-not you guys might use that are obviously safe for enclosure use.
Just want to pretty much coat the wood and give it a nice finish that will also protect the inside from 'the elements' lol
Thanks guys :)

edit: if there is another post in the DIY thread or elsewhere please let me know. im still looking through everything for good ideas as im in the first process of conversion.

Last edited:
Hi any paint ,wood stain or clear varnish that is clean up with water is suitable. This is what I use without any problems. Bruce

The solvent is not critical when it comes to staining or varnishing raw wood. You need to waterproof your timber ant way, so 3 or so coats of something like polyurethane wil do the trick. After that, it needs to be allowed to dry thoroughly and aerate until all smell of the solvents has gone. Obviously, water soluble is going to be avaialble to use sooner.

Bluey

:D so glad i found this thread was going to ask same question :) just to add to this can you paint over the poly with normal water based paints ? as in seal the timber with poly then paint colors ? it may be a dumb question !! cos a dumb person asked it rofl :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back