Quick, Cheap Rack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised how sturdy it is once the nuts are done up nice and tight Red. You could put some sort of back support on it but it would make changing the height of the shelves more difficult if you ever needed to do it. If anything though, more shelves will make it more solid anyway.

You'd be surprised how sturdy it is once the nuts are done up nice and tight Red. You could put some sort of back support on it but it would make changing the height of the shelves more difficult if you ever needed to do it. If anything though, more shelves will make it more solid anyway.

I take it Bunnings or Masters would have the Rods?

What's the width of the rods (differing height as well?)... any particular ones that would be the best to use?

I take it Bunnings or Masters would have the Rods?

What's the width of the rods (differing height as well?)... any particular ones that would be the best to use?
I use 16mm zinc plated ... U best get from steel stockist as they are longer lengths and cheaper

Last edited:
I used 3/8” x 3’ zinc plated rods which were about $3.50 each at Bunnings. They were good for this size but you might want to go with the thickness Mid used if you went for the longer ones. I was a bit surprised because the price didn’t seem to be linear (it was about double for 4’ in the same thickness as mine) but I was in there after a big night and very long day so may have just been confused haha.

If you want to do some rough calculations, the nuts and washers were around 15-20c each so about $3 per shelf and the melamine was about $15 per sheet.

Last edited:
I was looking at a price for 16 gecko tubs without the tubs its around 100 for 20 storemaids

Does anyone have any pics/tips to make racks for adult carpets? Heating etc I have 150lt tubs.

If you were going to do something like this, you'd probable want three or four rows of cord instead of the two I used. What dimensions are the tubs? You can get melamine sheets that are 595mm wide

Yeah I'm thinking along same lines with maybe 3-4 rows of heat cord. Tubs are 760 l x 560 wide x 400 high and I'm joining two together to make them bigger.... They are too small for a 2mt Morelia( I think so anyway) with using just one

I've just used nuts so I could set the height it sits above the ground and to hole the shelf on but you could also slip PVC pipe over it to make little legs that spread the weight a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back