Rat pinkies vs mice fuzzys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it might be an oversimplification, but perhaps it's worth going for something which seems to best approximate prey items found in the wild, in which case i'd have thought pinkies were more scarce

By that logic, i'd say keep them on pinkies for longer. Thinking about it, my guess is that the majority of hatchling pythons who survive in the wild are the ones who find nests. Baby mice, rats and birds are underdeveloped and offer the lease resistance to a tiny python.

Even when they're bigger, they've got a better chance of eating a whole nest of babies than they do of eating the mother. Mothers come and go, they fight back, and they run away.

Also, most hatchlings wouldn't survive in the wild, so we're not aiming to give them the odds they get in the wild we're aiming to give them the best possible chance. Just because in the wild they're eating what is basically jelly beans, doesn't mean it's the best thing for them.

Just because in the wild they're eating what is basically jelly beans, doesn't mean it's the best thing for them.
I think you may have mistaken which side of the argument I was angling toward in my post, but it seems like we both arrived at the same conclusion haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back