Recent fishing session photos. Enjoy.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous1111

Reaction score
Hey guys apart from reptiles fishing has to be one of my most passionate hobbies (especially LBG fishing) I thought I'd throw up some pictures of my most recent sessions. The first session was an early morning Saturday session chasing kingfish in the harbour up around North head (oldmans hat, bluefish point) with only a few small kings,bonito hitting the baits and no luck getting any decent sized kings to have a go at the live baits we thought we would get the light gear out and throw some soft plastics at some bait schools for a bit of fun, it was multiple hook ups on salmon and bonito one after the other good times.. Thank to my mate Joshie and his quality camera skills we got some good photos.
The second session was out at 12mile reef yesterday having a bottom bash for reefies and chasing basically anything we ended up hooking at decent bronze whaler, pictures of Iphone so quality isn't the best. Enjoy.
(wrightypython there could be a pittwater session coming up this weekend or the next if your interested)

North head salmon session bust up 24.3.2012.JPG
North head salmon session. Tomo hooked up 24.3.2012.JPG
North head salmon session 2 bust up 24.3.2012.JPG
North head salmon session the bait school. 24.3.2012.JPG
North head salmon session dolphin cruzing 24.3.2012.JPG
12 mile reef session 3m bronze whaler.jpg
12 mile reef session 3m bronzie 27.3.2012.jpg

Penguin is a good bait for Dolphin esp on a 4.0 ganged hook setup. ;) Salmon always fun on light gear.

Penguin is a good bait for Dolphin esp on a 4.0 ganged hook setup. ;) Salmon always fun on light gear.

Where do I get live penguins from and what do I burly them up with.. I'm guessing I just put a few in the live bait tank.. I was thinking on gamakastu 5/0 and run a 4/0 assist hook of that that way it can still swim rather then a floating dead bait;) yeah mate always a top battle with salmon,kings on the 2-4 kg gear and 6lb fluorocarbon leader.

Surely you can just raid Taronga zoo for penguins, I see you're in Sydney,

Stand at the edge of their enclosure, rod in hand and cast past the birds as you start to reel in, Jag it violently to hook them up.

You can then have fun fighting the penguins (especially if you're using light gear) before heading out and fishing for Dolphin, double the fun

Surely you can just raid Taronga zoo for penguins, I see you're in Sydney,

Stand at the edge of their enclosure, rod in hand and cast past the birds as you start to reel in, Jag it violently to hook them up.

You can then have fun fighting the penguins (especially if you're using light gear) before heading out and fishing for Dolphin, double the fun

Sounds like a plan cheers mate.

those pics are so good they almost look fake.

i love how the dolphins always know not to take the fish on the line but dont hesitate when ya throw em back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back