Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anothergecko

Reaction score
Nathan Waugh and I have spent a few days in the last couple of weeks herping around Perth. The weather is just starting to get warm again, so the herps are getting active. The following pics are from the nearby Darling Ranges, coastal lakes and coastal dunes. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add more than 5 pics at a time, so to see more pics check out the following links:
Aussie Herps
Aussie Herps

Southern Blind Snake (Rhamphotyphlops australis)
Rham_aust.jpg

Rhamph_aust.jpg

Jan's Banded Snake (Simoselaps bertholdi)
Simo_bert.jpg

Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa rugosa)
til_rug.jpg

Western Slender Blue-tongue (Cyclodomorphus celatus)
Cyclo_cela.jpg

Cheers,

Nigel

Nigel,

Very interesting finds and excellent pics. I really like the Simoselaps, one of my favourite genera of Aussie snakes. Your shot of the Shingleback was a good one. They look so different over there when compared with those here in the eastern deserts. How often do you see the Cyclodomorphus?

Regards,
David

When i pick up my new camera in a few weeks. i wanna go out and take some snaps :p
Love the shingleback shot!.

Thanks David,

We found 2 Cyclodomorphus in about 1 hour of searching, and then Nathan found another one a few days later nearby after 40 mins of searching. I think now that we now the microhabitat to target (large, flat, grass clumps in loose sand on the tops of dunes) we could probably find a few more. The Simoselaps was great, and was the species we were hoping for that day,

Cheers,
Nigel

Nigel,

Very interesting finds and excellent pics. I really like the Simoselaps, one of my favourite genera of Aussie snakes. Your shot of the Shingleback was a good one. They look so different over there when compared with those here in the eastern deserts. How often do you see the Cyclodomorphus?

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back