Red Centre

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGeee

Reaction score
Recently went up to central Australia with some compadres in order to find and photograph some reptiles.
We found some!
We did, however, run into some issues, including;
-Flat Tyres
-Mean boom gate operators that said we wouldn't make it to Docker River in my car (we did, and went way further)
-Phone reception going out east of Alice meaning we had no access to eftpos and we had to eat nothing but peanut butter for a whole day

Enjoy

Helmeted Gecko (Diplodactylus galeatus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Eastern Hooded Scaly-foot (Pygopus schraderi) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Pale Knob-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus laevissimus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Smooth Knob-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus levis) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Northern Spiny-tailed Gecko (Strophurus ciliaris) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Centralian Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis centralis) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Centralian Knob-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus amyae) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Southern Shovel-nosed Snake (Brachyurophis semifasciatus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Jewelled Gecko (Strophurus elderi) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Monk Snake (Parasuta monachus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Western Hooded-scalyfoot (Pygopus nigriceps) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Desert Spadefoot Toad (Notaden nichollsi) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Thorny Devil (Moloch horridus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Unbanded Shovel-nosed Snake (Brachyurophis incinctus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Mereenie Velvet Gecko (Oedura luritja) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Bronzeback Legless Lizard (Ophidiocephalus taeniatus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Gibber Gecko (Lucasium byrnei) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Gibber Dragon (Ctenophorus gibba) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Inland Taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus) by Nick Gale, on Flickr

Fantastic photos as usual nick

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Man I'd eat peanut butter for a month. The red centre is worth the "inconvenience". The thorny devil is a great specimen. I remember seeing my first more than 2 decades ago and thinking "I want one"! The spade-foot toad is another great find. Well done.

Love your photos, I spent a lot of time in that area back in the 1960's and unfortunately have not had the opportunity to go back. There is still a car of mine where I had to abandon it in a creek bed just west of Finke.

Love your photos, I spent a lot of time in that area back in the 1960's and unfortunately have not had the opportunity to go back. There is still a car of mine where I had to abandon it in a creek bed just west of Finke.

Always wonder about how those burnt out cars get left on the side of the road in the middle of no-where!

Always wonder about how those burnt out cars get left on the side of the road in the middle of no-where!
Mate back then there was no way to get assistance and you fixed it yourself with parts you had or left it there. I drove a VW beetle from the middle of the Nullarbor to Norseman in WA with the front suspension held in place by bits of timber (it took 3 days to cut up a tree with a shovel) and wire with the petrol tank on the roof rack, photos appeared in the international VW magazine. Back then the Nullarbor was a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back