• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Red Naped snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxyuranus microlepid

Reaction score
im wondering if anyone has any, hatchies prefferably, im looking for a male and a female,

how much am i looking at pricewise?

You really should consider the ornata, they dont grow that big, 600mm is the max and they rarely reach that. they are available and they dont look too dissimilar. Try David Reed, If he has none you can go on a waiting list. Commonly called Moon snakes.

You really should consider the ornata, they dont grow that big, 600mm is the max and they rarely reach that. they are available and they dont look too dissimilar. Try David Reed, If he has none you can go on a waiting list. Commonly called Moon snakes.

Consequence,

I don't think furina ornata is on the Class 1 or 2 species list for NSW RK licences mate. Correct me if I'm wrong. Keeping Orange naped snakes as far as I know is not allowed in NSW at all.

Let me know if thisa is not correct, so i can update my species list

Cheers.

Consequence,

I don't think furina ornata is on the Class 1 or 2 species list for NSW RK licences mate. Correct me if I'm wrong. Keeping Orange naped snakes as far as I know is not allowed in NSW at all.

Let me know if thisa is not correct, so i can update my species list

Cheers.

^^^^^^^

What may be legally kept in one state may not be so in another. I've also been led to believe that to have a new species gazetted, you require the backing from the right people and the correct information on the species - i.e. husbandry requirements, general availability, maybe the environmental impact, diseases and illnesses, etc. . If you do succeed in getting the animal gazetted, it may be classed differently to what your licence may permit you. I was led to believe that this is what the case was with Womas and why they are still class 2. Now that they are more available, there is a move for them to go to class 1.

JMHO

Not in NSW Adbacus, NSW policy is tha if you can buy them legally you can keep them as long as they aint crocs, seasnakes or marine turtles.

If they are not on the NSW species list then they are automatically put onto class 2 license (except for crocs and marine reptiles as Magpie said) which was stated on the 23, November 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back