Regarding chat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevethepom

Reaction score
erm SJ, just a little note about your bot in aps chat.....he's a strict little bugger aint he.....afric got booted then banned, nicole got booted and so did i....

the bot is a little bit over the top in my opinion especially when it booted afric and me for saying the word Damn,

just thought i would point it out

cheers
STP
Leader of the Love the Glove Party

I have been banned from pubs, clubs and even a brothel once but never from a chat channel, banned mind you, not just kicked :) Oh well I promise to be a nice boy form now on :) Hehehe, when will this ban expire? Or am I banished to a life of lonliness for ever and ever amen?

Well MrAfricanPottyMouth at least you can get into chat :p

It allowed me to use the word 'darned' good thing I didn't say 'damned' or I would have been joining africanpottymouth in exile! :D Oh damn, I seem to have posted another non-serious, non-herp related post! :(

Oh boy!!! I missed it all!!!! :?
Hope Africa, STP and Nicole aren't banned for LIFE. I really enjoyed chatting with them last week, the language was at a tolerable level - but to use the d@#$ word !!!! shame. :twisted:

:)

I think blocking words such as "damned" etc., is a little extreme in this day and age!

It's interesting what people find acceptable these days! We have software on our mail server at work that looks for bad language, although the words searched for are much more extreme than the examples in this topic.

It's amazing just how many emails get quarantined for bad language. :?

:p Hey africa have you tried to get into chat today at all,it appears sj might have changed something if you could can you try come into chat now. :p

My booting was to test the bot... it works! :)
I did say something a little stronger than 'damned'.... but it did get a laugh out of STP... :lol:

I hate the email language filters at work...Nazis!
...but I do see there is a good reason for a bot in a public chat room, but perhaps it could be less sensitive... I doubt if words like 'damn' or 'crap' will cause anyone to be offended.

..and I hope Afrifish doesn't have to live in exile too long....
Please let him back into the APS garden of eden SJ lord and master almighty admin :lol:

:D

American bots for american chatters. Obviously they find damn just too damn offensive. I will make sure that words like that are removed for next week. There should be no bans left, if you are still banned, please PM me and I will fix it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back