Rememberance Day today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
War Is such a terrible waste of life will we ever learn to settle our differnces with out resorting to slaughtering each other no probably not
lest we forget all the brave men that have died in wars all around the world

Lest we forget. We need to be thankful for the sacrifice all who served/serving had made to allow us to live freely.

My grand uncle lost his life in WWI, and his mother was presented with the "Dead Mans Penny"
It was apparently lost for about 20 years until someone found it at a rubbish tip, in a township about 30 mins away.
It was finally returned to the family some 70 years later when a women tracked down my Uncle, who was named after said Grand uncle.
Her parents had past away and she was in the process of sorting out their stuff. Fortunately the Penny was found with the letter that accompanied it (delivered to my Great grandmother) making searching for our family easier.

It now resides pride of place in the local RSL club.

Lest We Forget.

Got my poppy on. Remembered to remember. I always go to the dawn service. Those poor buggers went through hell. Some still do.

Lest we forget

You know in WW1 they held a referendrum on conscription so they could send even more young men into the meat grinder. The Oz troops on the Western Front voted unanimously NO. "You wouldn't want any bastard to have to come to this!"

Last edited:
lest we forget
we did a big service at school. im not an emotional person but the last post can almost bring me to tears...

I don't like remembering war or past horrible situations. In saying this and by my curiosity only... When will the day Stop being Remembered by those who are born without knowing them? Wouldn't the soldiers who lost their lives want a celebration of world peace or ending war ideology rather than glorifying it by memory..? Maybe that's something the day could convert to. Anyway, Lest We Forget - I stopped playing skyrim for a few minutes.

I don't like remembering war or past horrible situations. In saying this and by my curiosity only... When will the day Stop being Remembered by those who are born without knowing them? Wouldn't the soldiers who lost their lives want a celebration of world peace or ending war ideology rather than glorifying it by memory..? Maybe that's something the day could convert to. Anyway, Lest We Forget - I stopped playing skyrim for a few minutes.

I'm sorry if I'm blunt but "you ignorant human" remembrance day is not only to remember the ppl that where lost but everything that they fort for. So even if the memory's of the ppl who lost there lives are forgotten not the wars and the reasons they fort ppl in the armed forces and family's of ppl serving will always appreciate the ppl that hovered our country and beliefs that we stand for. Your dumb!

Cheers Brenton

Lest we forget.

In Flanders Fields is my favourite poem, I use for every English poetry assignment

I don't like remembering war or past horrible situations. In saying this and by my curiosity only... When will the day Stop being Remembered by those who are born without knowing them? Wouldn't the soldiers who lost their lives want a celebration of world peace or ending war ideology rather than glorifying it by memory..? Maybe that's something the day could convert to. Anyway, Lest We Forget - I stopped playing skyrim for a few minutes.[/QUOTE

Armistice/remembrance day is not a day of celebration. It's a day of commemoration which is to honour the fallen diggers who fought for their country and died so that we can live in a fair society. It does not glorify war, bur gives you the right to post ill informed rubbish on a forum. Lucky aren't we?

*FACEPALM* its not about remembering the actual war it's about remembering the diggers that fought for our freedom...a freedom that you were born into because of them. if you can't appreciate what they did for you all those years ago then you never will. you're rich because you have freedom..so many people don't have that freedom.

We were on a school excursion driving down a country road in Bathurst, but pulled over for the observance of the minute of silence, then one of the cadets did the ode. All were very respectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back