Reptile article in penrith city star newspaper

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

congo_python

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
If anybody on here recieve the penrith city star there will be an article about keeping reptiles as pets in the tuesday addition 17/1/06 and you might also see my ugly mug in one of the photo's.(article not written by me)

Congo

Kewl!!!! Be sure to post a pic of the Article Congo. This can only be good for the hobby. Maybe we can get our locals to do the same thing. Well done mate!!

Thankx Peter but don't know if i would be able to post the pic from article as i don't have a scanner yet.

Congo

hay kurt do you know who wrote it and why your pics in it?

Don't know the author personally but they wanted some pic's of some pet snakes to go with the article and i was refered to them by my vet.took about an hour with the photographer and he took hundreds of shots.

Congo

There was an article in our local paper (The Weekend Advertiser) this weekend about reptiles as pets. It showed reptiles in a postive light and stated that there has been a 10% increase in NSW licenses last year which indicates that reptiles are growing in popularity.

Greebo said:
It showed reptiles in a postive light and stated that there has been a 10% increase in NSW licenses last year which indicates that reptiles are growing in popularity.

And that should mean that prices at least stay stable. We just gotta get them hooked on the harder drugs!!!

yeah, in our localish newspaper, the newcastle hearld, im sure it stated that there was 9800 herpers on licence and thats a 20% increase over the last year, so yeah dunno, but definately a growth

There has been a whole rash of media coverage on reptiles as pets lately. ABC local in my area had some reptile keepers on discussing the new-found popularity of reptiles as pets.

yeah, in our localish newspaper, the newcastle hearld, im sure it stated that there was 9800 herpers on licence and thats a 20% increase over the last year, so yeah dunno, but definately a growth
Southy, that was my friend Linda in the picture with her baby diamond, Guana. I'm often going over to her's to help her look for Guana as she is constantly getting out!

I read the daily telegraph article. Cats n dogs are out, kids want herps! Great stuff. Think herps are getting more popular as space becomes scarcer, backyards are disappearing and flats/ units etc suit herp keepers. :)

reptililian said:
Southy, that was my friend Linda in the picture with her baby diamond, Guana. I'm often going over to her's to help her look for Guana as she is constantly getting out!

Doesn't sound very responsible of her.Would your time not be better spent showing her how to keep her pet secured properly?

It seems as though that article is doing the rounds, as even in the local paper here in Toowoomba has run an article showing the increasing popularity of reptiles as pets. Good to see the word's getting out...

yeah reptiliian, she looks nice ;), but was a little shocked to see that it said she took it everywhere with her....the beach etc, where would the snake go if it ouverheated, anyway its still alive and escaping by the sounds of things so it must be ok, i wonder if i can hunt the article up, ill have a look

"Pet owners taken by reptilian charm" is the name of the article in the 11/1/06 of the herald, page 3, if anyone has access to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back