Reptile Collection stolen from NSW Wildlife Reserve

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
most breeders don't care for the health of the dog(not saying any dog breeder here doesn't), it's about making a more bad@$$ dog or prettier dog because people will pay more money for those, just look at pugs and bulldogs, they have a hard time breathing because of breeding the deformed animals to get to the point of having that snout, and bulldogs are probably the most unhealthy/problematic dogs ever because of the breeding, sadly.

most breeders don't care for the health of the dog(not saying any dog breeder here doesn't), it's about making a more bad@$$ dog or prettier dog because people will pay more money for those, just look at pugs and bulldogs, they have a hard time breathing because of breeding the deformed animals to get to the point of having that snout, and bulldogs are probably the most unhealthy/problematic dogs ever because of the breeding, sadly.
Those and pugs for sure.

funny how every breed of dog originated from domesticated wolves, makes you think about how much line breeding has been done to get something such as a wolf, to a pug.
[doublepost=1512733439,1512733407][/doublepost]getting way too off-topic too, sorry.

Their form has changed to avoid the hip problems endemic to the breed.

Not really. Their body structure has changed to create a dog with the perfect, flying trot that most show line breeders obsess over. Breeder personal interpretation has also changed the breed standard of excellence. The working line dogs have remained relatively the same structurally. Except that they are bred to be bigger, heavier and with larger heads. Once upon a time German Shepherds were not too dissimilar to the humble Kelpie. Lean, light, and athletic. Their original purpose was to herd and protect sheep, as well as to protect their master's family and land.

kelpies are one of my favourite medium/large dogs, nothing fancy, but not bland imo either.
Some kelpies fetch massive coin too. A farmer paid $12,000 for one at auction in 2012.
[doublepost=1512734164,1512734032][/doublepost]I once had a kelpie × scottish collie. That thing had limitless energy.

Not really. Their body structure has changed to create a dog with the perfect, flying trot that most show line breeders obsess over. Breeder personal interpretation has also changed the breed standard of excellence. The working line dogs have remained relatively the same structurally. Except that they are bred to be bigger, heavier and with larger heads. Once upon a time German Shepherds were not too dissimilar to the humble Kelpie. Lean, light, and athletic. Their original purpose was to herd and protect sheep, as well as to protect their master's family and land.
Not disagreeing with you, Oshkii. Dog breeders/showers have been known to do some dodgy things. Ever been to a dog show? Seriously, I've never seen so much hair spray and talcum powder. However, the main reason for the change in the look of the GSD's is the hip dysplasia, partly (mostly?) due to the overbreeding of the dog lines.

there's a free one around here on gumtree, was tempted.
You gotta have the work for them, they aren't lay abouts. If you needed the motivation to get out for a 5-10km run every day though, forget the treadmill and get the kelpie. I used to take my cross kelpie/collie out running, I'd be on the bike and it'd still do it effortlessly.

more so hesitating because i don't know it's age, could be very old, and i don't want to have a pet that dies right after i start bonding with it.

I've still got shepherds on my block out of town. And no mate, they knew they were in the wrong. We bred shepherds for the force
Sending two Shepard pups to Western Australia is hardly breeding for the force. Cool story though.

Sending two Shepard pups to Western Australia is hardly breeding for the force. Cool story though.
Do you know what the percentage is that make the force champ?? Obviously not but you don't need to come at my posts with half arsed replies. My 2 is 2 more than you've ever done or will do and you've obviously never evened owned a shepherd. But keep on trucking cob.

Not disagreeing with you, Oshkii. Dog breeders/showers have been known to do some dodgy things. Ever been to a dog show? Seriously, I've never seen so much hair spray and talcum powder. However, the main reason for the change in the look of the GSD's is the hip dysplasia, partly (mostly?) due to the overbreeding of the dog lines.

All good pinefamily. Yes, I've been to one dog show and never went back. I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you in regards to their structure changing to breed away from hip dysplasia, however. But to be honest, I'd rather discuss reptiles as dogs don't really interest me anymore.

Do you know what the percentage is that make the force champ?? Obviously not but you don't need to come at my posts with half arsed replies. My 2 is 2 more than you've ever done or will do and you've obviously never evened owned a shepherd. But keep on trucking cob.
It doesn't matter what percentage makes it or whether I have owned a Shepard or not, I am not the one making claims about breeding for the force. I like factual statements and if I see something I believe to not be factual I will comment.

Believe what you want. Believe the earth is flat and the moon is made out of cheese. It affects me not at all. 2 of my pups worked on the force. Do with it what you will. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back