reptile direct thermostat and oics of my new stimmie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

indyspotted

Not so new Member
Reaction score
jackson.jpgHi guys

So after hours of researching thermostats on the net untill my eyeballs are hanging out of their sockets I am leaning towards the ATC_210, so two questions,

1: Is this a good thermostat to use in a dual enclosure for stimmie and a maccie
2: I found this on ebay, has any one had experience with this company and their products?

ATCBrand Digital Reptile Thermostat & Light Timer 0-50C | eBay

And since i know every one loves pics here is one of the future inhabitants of the said enclosure, my new stimmie Jackson:D

I'm not sure about the thermostat I can't even remember what mine is lol. But cute little stimmy!

I got that just last week, been testing it out on a cabinet I keep my woodie tubs in.
I set the therm cut off at 25C and set it to come back on once the temp dropped 5C.
It is switching on and off within half a degree (25.5C off/ 20.5C on).
Terrible instructions even if they are in english. But you'll figure it out quickly, if only to silence the alarm.

I've got three of these, and they seem to work great. I prefer them over other thermostats because of the nice, big red display (good to check on at night time) and they double as a thermometer probe..

My first two I got from ebay and I agree, the instructions are horrible. My third one I got from a reptile shop and it was labelled as a Lucky Reptile ThermoControl II. Exactly the same thing, just labelled differently (and the Lucky Reptile has Australian plugs, not universal ones). The instructions are much better.

For the first two, I didn't realise you can turn the alarm off by pressing both the up and down arrows simultaneously.. I ended up taking the back cover off and cutting the wire to the speaker. It wasn't until I saw the much better instructions that came with the third thermostat that I realised you could just disable the alarm..

I should also note that the first one I got, I have been running for a bit over 2 years..
My only gripe is the timer functionailty. Setting it is bizarre, and even after I worked it out, I found it wasn't very accurate and would lose or gain time over the course of several days. Having said that, I didn't buy it for the timer function..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back