Reptile Expo Tomorrow :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leahellem

Reaction score
Hey guys as the title says yeww reptile expo tomorrow really excited just wanted to ask a quick few questions:

Are the supplys alot cheaper then the stores?
Are they tanks/enclosures alot cheaper?
do we have to pay for parking?
to have an awesome day and buy lots of good would 200 cover it?

i have more questions but cant think of them lol

Firstly Supplies can vary, depending on who is there, you may be able to pick up cheaper thena pet store....depending on the size of the pet store however
Secondly...Tanks again will vary, depends on what you are after, Stock, Custom etc etc.
Thirdly..parking....depends where the venue is. Might be free. Might be a gold coin donation
Fourthly....$200 will not cover your addiction!

Last edited:
sunday afternoon in the past has seen some real bargains.....

Last year I parked on the street and the only cost last year was $10 cover charge at the door

Someones cranky today lol dont even worry i swear some people are so rude and take everything so serious on here and think there the **** and no evvvverything "not that you are one of these people" i just found it very aggressive your response and if 200 didnt cover it for you i think you are the one with the addiction, for starters its my first time sencondly i dont need tanks got plenty was just asking and lastly i think 200 will be heaps thanks for you help.

Someones cranky today lol dont even worry i swear some people are so rude and take everything so serious on here and think there the **** and no evvvverything "not that you are one of these people" i just found it very aggressive your response and if 200 didnt cover it for you i think you are the one with the addiction, for starters its my first time sencondly i dont need tanks got plenty was just asking and lastly i think 200 will be heaps thanks for you help.

i really dont see how skelhorn was being rude? in fact your response was much ruder than his, his answered all your questions.

I went to my first one this year and i will say for me personally $200 was not enough to take. They had some great animals at the one i went to. Some stores were cheaper than others. In me saying $200 was not enough for me would also depend on what animal or animals you plan on getting? and what not. Im glad i didn't limit myself to how much to take or not take as it would of made it very hard to pick and choose. At the end of the day i walked out with 1 snake and a few other supplies.

Leahellem: I think you took Skelhorn's post the wrong way. When he said "$200 will not cover your addiction", that was not meant to be insulting. "addiction" is a commonly used term on this forum and in relation to reptiles in general because owning herps is very much like having an addiction, you can't just stop at one!!! I can't afford to buy new clothes (which I desperately need!) but I bought a Marbled Velvet gecko yesterday!
I know personally if I had the cash I could have spent thousands at the VHS expo in Feb, so it's not unreasonable to say $200 is not enough.
In all honesty, I think you over-reacted a bit. Just take it easy, and enjoy the expo:)

Mate, I am sorry if I offended you. Ask anyone on this site...Apart from yourself and in the sense of posts an Addiction means your addiction to reptiles, your love of the animal. I was not refering to it as a bad thing, however. As Disintegratus said, Clothes are important, however her ADDICTION to a reptile won :p which is expected of course! I am happy to admit I am addicted to reptiles ;) Chill dude chill!

My answers were short and brief as everyone will post on here. Also there are thousands of Reptile Expo's around Australia, so without even knowing what state your in its a bit hard to judge!

I will not openly offend anyone on this site. Check through my 780 posts and you will see I am not one to bag or be rude. I mearly answered your questions straight forward.

Please do not take offence. You will get straight answers if you ask straight Q's. :)

P.s Your are correct in the fact that I honestly (compared to alot on this forum) know jack ******* ;) There are pretty smart and helpful people on here. Again to reiterate. YES I HAVE AN ADDICTION....But its legal!

The peeps on here however straight forward or rude (which is a very small percentage!) have actually been quite helpful throughout the last year.

But please trust me, if you are going to an expo to buy, $200 may not cover your "addiction". Have the extra handy close by incase you fall in love with something your desire! ;)

Last edited:
Im goin to the goldcoast one tomorrow and no your not aloud to buy reptiles at this one bec :( well so iv been told and read, sorry but i just took it abit offensive as you added explanation marks and it just sounded so blunt like you were cranky today i was hoping on getting a more bright response maybe that would get me ever more siked then i am lol anyways ill just go check it out maybe bring 300 or something im sort of just wanting supplys and that :)

Im goin to the goldcoast one tomorrow and no your not aloud to buy reptiles at this one bec :( well so iv been told and read, sorry but i just took it abit offensive as you added explanation marks and it just sounded so blunt like you were cranky today i was hoping on getting a more bright response maybe that would get me ever more siked then i am lol anyways ill just go check it out maybe bring 300 or something im sort of just wanting supplys and that :)

Goldy...Will Be a BLAST ;) Make sure you have your camera on your phone handy. The Gold Coast Expo's are usually pretty good sized so should def pick up a bargin. Bide your time and wait. As suggested above maybe check it out on the Sunday and stay close to the end as you might get a pretty schweeeeeeeeeeeet bargin!
Good luck and have fun

P.s
HOW COULD I BE GRUMPY....its POETS day ;)

Piss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday :)

Rodentfarm will have retail packs at bulk prices so there's room to save a fair bit. Bring an esky with you.

The only chance to buy reps at the expo will be at 'car boot sales'.....

Thanks Skelhorn, no one would ever have known what I meant if you hadn't done that for me, I owe you. ;) :p:D
I was a bit lazy, is that enough??

I'm a tad excited too. Not looking forward to getting up early on my day off though. Hopefully going to meet some friendly people too :) come and say hiii!! (I have blonde hair now) :)

Thanks Skelhorn, no one would ever have known what I meant if you hadn't done that for me, I owe you. ;) :p:D
I was a bit lazy, is that enough??

Your right mate. Ever since I was a little kid I have had a six sense that I am able to tell or get across what people meant by the grammatical errors they could possibly make. Its a special gift and I am sure everyone here appreciates me clarifying it up....It could have destroyed their weekend if they were left thinking what :'( meant without being able to glue the connection to :cry:

;) ;) ;)

The only chance to buy reps at the expo will be at 'car boot sales'.....

The Ol' Fashion Boot sales..where everybody gets a bargin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back