Reptile half ounce silver coins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoboy2001

Reaction score
I was thinking about coins and reptiles there my favourite hobby and why not have both a reptile on a coin I was thinking if anyone would buy a half an once silver coin. Green tree python,woma python,knob tailed gecko or bearded dragon if you would buy one of them say i would and which one it would be and I might inquirer to Perth Mint and how much would you pay?

They have coins with snakes on them, made from Australian federal mint.

I have a very very rare proof 2 cent frilly in silver I have a 4K worth of silver coins

Don't be stupid

My bad.....

Why do you think there are animals like kangaroos, frillies and even platypus on coins and not animals like you mentioned in your opening post?

I'll give you a hint: one group is easily identifiable by the 'common Australian'.

Don't be stupid

Two_cents_1968.jpg

I have one with a numbat on it.
nugu5ype.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate I think its a great idea, even if there not easily identifiable by the 'common Australian'. But then how many limited edition collectors coins are?
As for which pythons and how much, well I'm not really into coins so price wise I've got no idea, but if I saw a collection of coins with each of the morelia species on them then I would be very keen.

Last edited by a moderator:
6e5u8e8y.jpg

Or I have one with a kookaburra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/silver-coins-deadly-and-dangerous-series.aspx

http://www.downies.com/Perth-Mint/2013-Remarkable-Reptiles-Frilled-Neck-Lizard-1oz-Silver-Proof/4120/productview.aspx

Anyone seen those Chondropython viridis coins from Papua New Guinea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back