• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Reptile Lighting/Heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen_179

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a year 12 Design Technology student and for my HSC Major Project I am building a reptile display case. Unfortunately I have been quite sick recently, I was diagnosed with a brain tumour and I had to use all the money I had saved for my project on doctors and scans.

I was hoping there might be a few people with spare or no longer needed lighting/heating equipment that would be willing to donate them towards my project?

Anything anyone could do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Jen 179
Welcome , firstly , unfortunately it may not be as easy as that , any electrical equipment you plan to use (lightfittings and such) legally have to be installed or at least (tested and tagged) by a qualified sparkie. Even though i have heaps of second hand ceramic lightfittings lying around , i can not garrentee any arn't faulty , if you see were im coming from. The stuff you need is all available at hardware stores and pet shops and is not expensive for one enclosure. Please disreguard this next question if you find it to intrusive , but do you have cancer ? I only ask as i am a surviver and outpatient myself , and would be happy to help , if i can. Sorry if i sound suspicious , but unfortunately there are a lot of dishonest poeple out there .

Hey CF Constrictor,

Thanks for the info, no one had told me that I would need to get electrical checks so thank you. My uncle is an electrician so I've ask if he can help me. I actually have 6 enclosures I need to do, (they make up one big display case).

As to cancer, I actually don't know yet, I haven't been able to get the results of my latest scans due to all the covid-19 craziness. I just know that it measured roughly 2x2cm on my first scans and my Dr wasn't confident to diagnose it so I got sent for another set of scans and tests and referred to a different doctor. Hopefully I will know by the end of the week (if I can get an earlier appointment). I'm pretty used to people asking about my medical conditions as I also have Pots, (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome).

I also (hopefully) attached a photo of the project so far. (An old family friend was kind enough to build it for me from my drawings)

c2_aAK7PVD-WoU-yamwmmf8eRG_4W9uXIyTh94fsyguLgkcDf8tJrmePym5yeTjNpirwVEOZgZFSuyTxJ6LID-K4bXM0DEqBC0yBnJRJ0xqA_c5iFDQClCnQ_1EJ8M09s4Ng88d3ZeqKVFUvYCoMZgLoyDZAH9lkHUSfyJZPf7SD4jippwfTdX1skKPKUhZW1aEgw_0xailSCvP7Vu7wV7yl8m2lP5UJNV27HUS1soT4EZCrRCuqQ1UrJHd26wLwz9ACU4kxyv2v8AyWxPH1C_jUVCYtdHftF2pRr7ATwvADM66QoNM81MABCTgyUMcKOpy6eLq934oKbcnHRv-TcaEoSrCRz6qWPrt3jCJz7J_UHuvwHzDhAojZiuP1eNRWBvSNP_UVWAHIGRdrvV9_Fa4JuYXbvC2rvavfugQJ2bB-YvWb1u4hswxmoByyykN372euStym2VoREUE-C-GIEtkYFVi7YuIVYGngdEQI8YyVDQWTTUTS1n8lgAk1eyjfCUK58RrVoO7i3QccU_3BdGgEFTQJpw7PgxufSIOLRw9cKCbh7j35GjwwjH9XQJyCvswkbzSL-zhlbIT4f416oVRMy_7ALxehQVGD3r6l9CLx9-wDn0gaZcILsAdDQGkrjj51Cr64ND81_g3ix7QOuOvUoJDS4yQg6bpc1qc_8y2_C_MgxrOy4NruUhSw=w360-h480-no

Hi Jen_179
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i cant see the pic but it sounds like you already have just the right people for the project close at hand . Instaling lightfittings isn't very difficult but for safety reasons its best to make sure any electrical work is done correctly by a pro. As for cancer , no doctor will tell you you have it unless there absolutely sure. The uncertainty of it all can be overwelming but try to stay positive and don't be to proud to ask for help if you need it. It may not turn out as bad as you probably think , not all tumors are cancerous. I had one the size of o golf ball removed from my neck that turned out benign when i was 22 . I was diagnosed with stage 3 Bowel cancer at the age of 47 . Treatment was successful and im still here today , so anything is possible. Best of luck with your diagnosis when i comes through, and best of luck with the project. If there is any advice you need on what to buy or anything else to do with the pr
[doublepost=1589819088,1589818904][/doublepost]oject im sure many experienced people on this site would be happy to help.

oh my now these are some storys best of luck to you both i would be petrified if i had cancer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back