Reptile shops in Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 52453

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent reptile shop in Brisbane. I've recently moved up here from Adelaide, and I can't find anything like the awesome reptile shops we have back in SA.
Surely there must be a pet store somewhere here that stocks a decent range of reptiles, or is it mainly a private breeders market in Brissy?

hi welcome to the monsoon state (Queensland)!
General pet shops here can have reptile specialties.
I highly recommend PET SUPERSTORE (Stafford)!
As Ryan-James above/previous stated, search online and call ahead?

There's quite a few if ur after dragons, turtles or frogs but apparently QLD pet stores can only carry and sell Anteresia's, any other genus will have to be sourced through private breeders

There's quite a few if ur after dragons, turtles or frogs but apparently QLD pet stores can only carry and sell Anteresia's, any other genus will have to be sourced through private breeders

I'm not familiar with the QLD pet store laws or how well they're enforced, but I was surprised to see Chondros for sale in a shop there last month. I asked about prices and they were around $1,200-1,500 for memory. They had about 8 in a variety of sizes, and not especially well set up (most had no horizontal perches and were desperately trying to perch on whatever objects they could use, and the heating wasn't great, humidity looked low, etc).

I haven't been into an SA pet shop for years now but I remember being surprised when they were new to SA and had elapids etc on display and for sale. I should probably go take a look next time I'm in the state. Last few times I've been to SA I haven't gone through Adelaide.

Thought I'd revisit this post. I've been in Brisbane for a couple years now, and have visited the stores recommended by others in the thread.
Whilst the stores here can have some decent reptiles, they don't compare with the reptile shops in Adelaide. I guess it that's largely due to the licencing/restriction differences between the states. In Adelaide, visiting a reptile shop was like a trip to a reptile zoo, with crocodiles and all sorts of snakes and lizards. It was these experiences that sparked my interest in the hobby.
On the flip side, in Brisbane I have the privilege of being able to house a lace monitor (or many other reptile species) in an outdoor enclosure.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't buy anything from a pet shop, fukkin thieves from my point of view, If you can contact a breeder , then better to buy from them. I guess it's hard if you don't know any breeders but do a little research

Thought I'd revisit this post. I've been in Brisbane for a couple years now, and have visited the stores recommended by others in the thread.
Whilst the stores here can have some decent reptiles, they don't compare with the reptile shops in Adelaide. I guess it that's largely due to the licencing/restriction differences between the states. In Adelaide, visiting a reptile shop was like a trip to a reptile zoo, with crocodiles and all sorts of snakes and lizards. It was these experiences that sparked my interest in the hobby.
On the flip side, in Brisbane I have the privilege of being able to house a lace monitor (or many other reptile species) in an outdoor enclosure.
Gday, where in Brisbane r u, check out Paulstingray on utube, one of his clips posted a month tells what he's got for sale or go see him at his aquarium shop in Oxley, Pauls Aquarium. He has a heap of hatchlings at moment of various species. Also there's an expo up northside 1st, 2nd April

Latest posts

Back