Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PremierPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've finally got myself the financial backing i've needed to start a great many breeding projects. I know this question has been asked in the Reptiles Australia Readers Poll a few issues back, but what would be your most desirable reptile to own? Although I will qualify my question with this: the reptile you most desire must be one which you can reasonably afford in the near future.. And also any suggestions as to gaps in the current reptile market would be welcome..

Best Wishes,
Andrew

lizards wise,most monitors,tristis spencers and mangroves on the to get list and frillys,these are some of my favourite things,lol

Since I'm getting what I want from you one day anyway, I'll go the Frill necked. That will complete my own most wanted list. Johns is another story.

It seems a lot of people are breeding jungles and waters etc. but you should invest in some Rough Scaled pythons as they aren't very common at all in captivity. I think they appeal to a lot of people (from reading past posts) so that is one area. Also scrub pythons perhaps as people are showing a lot of interest around the place and not many people seem to breed them (from looking through all the ads online).

If someone managed to produce albino beardies that were healthy, I'd be willing to fork out big bucks on some of those :D

I think (only speaking on the pythons scale) that you should invest in some good Morphs (hugsta's b&w cape tribs, stripes etc)...

BUt there is also a big gap in GTS,BTS etc with big waiting lists as well...

And definately RSP & GTP.... always a must have :D

Let us know what you decide on.....

I'd go something on the high-end ----Roughies , GTP , Woma's etc
& something on the lower end. Like Childreni's.
I think the Childrens are always going to be consistant because the small size of them
is appealing to people starting out ---especially to parents who's kid has been hassling
to get a snake. Even the name 'Childrens' makes them appealing to people new to the hobby.

i'd go down the road of a GTS or BTS, because they are different and affordible if weaned onto mice/or rats.
JMO :p
regards,

Nat ;)

im after spencers and frillys this season, gts are definatly on the list as well as high yellow diamonds......i also think and have for the past 3 years that there is a massive demand for tree snakes .but from what i have heard they are difficult to breed inside and require exceptional amounts of humidity. if there is anyone from melbourne who has succesfully bred these indoors was willing to share there knowledge with me ,it would be much appreciated.

sorry to get off topic..................

Thanks for the replies everyone.. Looks like i was on the right sort of track - had already tentatively pencilled in Rough-Scaled, Green Trees & Katherine Form Brown Tree Snakes.. Add to that list some Womas, a few varieties of Stimson's (my favourite pythons) & some Boyd's Forest Dragons and we're starting to cook with gas... Any more replies would be welcome :)

O.filicipoda, P.lindneri, S.taenicauda and would love N.deleani from Stone but can't see that happening anytime soon.

oooh oooh please add to that cook list black and white jungles
so so pretty. : )

G'day mate,

As long as you a breeding the best of the best, you will have no trouble selling anything you breed for very good money. Whether it is Bearded Dragons or Perenties, Spotted Pythons or Greens, if you have the best stock and breed them well, you will be fine.

kimberly rock monitor, emerald monitor ;), albino olive & carpet, GTP, hyper bluey

What ever you get do the research before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back