Reptiles outside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i was thinking about making an aviary/out door enclosure for my eastern bearded dragon. He's about a year and a half old and 20cm ish. I would like your opinions on what age is suitable to house a bearded dragon outside. The cage would be about 5m x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 with lots of branches and plants. If i dont make the cage now ill be finishing my womas cage then staring the carpets enclosure.

thanks, ssnakeboyy

Forgot to mention, hes in a 4x2x2, ive read that they can live in that their whole lives?

Last edited by a moderator:

Coppersimon

Reaction score
I haven't kept EWDs but if your only going to keep one in an enclosure that size i think is a bit of over kill. If the EWDs live naturally where you live or your in a warmer climate the should do well outside. IMO I would put it in something like a 1.5 m by .80 m pit so at least you can still find it and it will be big enough for it to live out its life in it.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
Haha yeah i probably wouldnt be able to find it, i didnt think i would be able to keep an eastern beardie in a pit because they like to climb? Correct me if im wrong

bohdi13

Reaction score
Haha yeah i probably wouldnt be able to find it, i didnt think i would be able to keep an eastern beardie in a pit because they like to climb? Correct me if im wrong

hey mate, sounds like a good idea but the dimensions you are planning are massive and i am hoping you mean ft not Meters. depending on what you use for the walls of the enclosure a beardie would be fine nothing like wood or something climbable.

Bohdi.

ssnakeboyy

Reaction score
I was going to make it like an aviary. I know some people say that the animals get stressed in large areas but if you have lots of hiding places i cant see the problem of having a large feature enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts