Retic's First Bunny

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkJD

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Retic took his first medium bunny here tonight. He of course made things very difficult from the start by constricting it from up in his branches. 6ft+ of a retic constricting a bunny and his branches in mid air is a sight to see. Coils wrapped around bunny and then completely randomly also wrapped around a branch or two. Unfortunately i didnt get any pictures of that.

Anyways took him about 45 minutes overall. He started on the head but hadnt anticipated the ears / shoulders and gave up that approach and tried feet first. That also didnt work out but went back to the head and perservered. Once he got passed the ears / shoulders it only took 10-15 minutes to wolf the rest down. Was interesting to hear bones break while he was constricting aswell as when the bunny was inside his stomach. Seems he has a bit of an irritation on his nose as well. Spent the guts of 3 nights completely destroying his viv and burrowing all over the place. Needs a clean out but will need to let him digest a good few days.

32876492.jpg

86918305.jpg

93551001.jpg

65235735.jpg

70155997.jpg

77967647.jpg

56332927.jpg

25040809.jpg

24482876.jpg

Thanks for looking

MAD! I reckon he could take bigger but maybe the pics are misleading...

brilliant pics! thanks for sharing :D LOVE the look of your retic

i thought snakes tried to not break bones as they become a potential pointy hazard in digestion?

What a lovely snake,(i like the bigger ones)as already been mentioned,i think he can take alot bigger then that.Beautiful Retic..

Didn't St Patrick get rid of all the snakes from Ireland? He must be turning in his grave these days... all that hard work for nothin....:)

So now when people try to tell me there are no snakes in Ireland I can prove them wrong by coming here. Thanks.:D:D

Nice python and pics by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back