ripped off :-(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misstrish

Reaction score
So.......new to the reptile world and decided to trust someone and it failed big time. I paid for a pair of albino darwins and their transport. Meant to be flown from Rockhampton and they didn't show up. The whole"if its to good to be true" thing is real unfortunately:-(.

Any idea what my chances of recovering my $ will be.......just asking incase someone else here has been in a similar situation.
Thanks

Would be good to be able NAME AND SHAME crooks on places like this.

Talk to the local cops ( regarding fraud and theft of your money ) . Maybe ask the bank to stop the cheque too .

I wouldn't warn them you are going to the law or the bank either. That way if the address they provided is genuine they'll get a nasty surprise when the cops knock at their door to ask them to accompany them to the knick to be charged and interogated. If you warn them they'll simply **** off and make themself's scarce.

You've probably done your money though.

Last edited:
How did you pay for it ????

If you paid by bank transfer , i am sure that if you go back to the bank and tell them that you have not received the goods , then you should get your money back . If they can link it to another bank account or credit / debit card then you should be ok. Do it ASAP - monday morning - go there personally as you will probably have to sign something.

I put the money directly into her account:-( I have the deposit slip and all the messages.

direct deposit is a very bad idea ....

Don't like your chances ever seeing your money again.

Last edited:
Have you tried contacting the seller, did the animals just not show up on the flight they were supposed to? Assuming it hasn't been over day, could they have just been held up somewhere and awaiting another flight?

Not answering any calls or texts.it was meant to be an hour flight
Sounds very dodgey to me.

They've got your money and now have zero incentive to respond to you , and would likely tell you a load of BS and lies even if they did respond (just to fog you off).

I take it there were no details provided regarding shipper , tracking number so you have no way of checking if they ever really had the snakes or shipped them off to you.

Say goodbye your money.

Which airport were they going to? I notice you're in yarraman. Wild weather the last few days and lots of flights cancelled or delayed.

Kingaroy. I thought about that but there has been no message or phone call. She told me they were going on the plane and then nothing. I've tried calling and the phone is either turned off or no answer. She said to send my license details through and she would email hers and I haven't received an email. I would love for it all to just be a lack of communication and that the snakes are real and safe somewhere awaiting collection but its just seeming more unlikely the longer without contact.

- - - Updated - - -

She sent me a confirmation number and a flight number but didn't confirm with me what company she was using. She was talking about Qantas but they don't know anything about it.

What was the flight number? The letters in the front will tell you which carrier.

BE VERY VERY careful who you direct deposit to.......make sure you ask around. I did this many years ago and had to put a lot of money into an account in Vic...before I did I rang up the Herp shop as I had dealt with them and they assured me that the bloke was fine...had no problems. 14 years ago and we still have her ..:)

How did you find this seller? If it was on rdu and you emailed them and she replied than her ip address can be traced (by the police). I would be contacting them and your bank first thing Monday morning. But you aren't the first person to be had by a scam and won't be the last unfortunately. Major reason I dont like interstate sales. Unless they have a large name in the hobby

Also when there are big ticket animals for sale at stupid prices, alarm bells should be ringing...

Unfortunately if a deal sounds like its too good to be true it normally is.
However you don't give details of the animals, prices, where they are from.

They may still arrive.
There are good and bad in all corners of the world, reading some of the historical threads on this site will tell you that. Do your due dilligence before sending someone you don't know a bucket full of cash.

I have personally purchased from interstate several times & all without any problems, (and all involving a significant amount of cash). By far the majority of people in the hobby are good, honest people. Don't let one bad experience tarnish your involvement.

Happened to me about 2 years ago.... I purchased an adult female Southern Angle Headed Dragon plus postage and well it never showed up..... I reported it to the cops and the bank but nothing could be done. Was stupid of me and I'm never buying online again.

Good luck though! :)

Well well well I understand first hand what the OP is going through. I started a thread on here not more than two years back when I had placed a wanted ad on RDU classifieds seeking Boyd's Forest Dragons. Some on here will remember when I got 4 x 2'd by Mark Raidal and his sidekick Jessica Bennett. These guys r as feral as feral can be.

I placed $600 into her bank account and nothing.

The fact is I know it was him and by posting his name hopefully it will deter others in dealing with him.

He is a known criminal and is known to frequent Raymond Terrace and has been as far as Kempsey.

Always wanted by the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back