Road Kill BHP / Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyd

Reaction score
Came across these two near Doomadgee NWQ, not far from where i found the Olive Python in my previous post. It appears the the BHP has been struck by a car after just having eaten the monitor. THe result being the monitor has exploded out of the stomach of the BHP. You can see the tail is still inside the stomach cavity of the BHP, I'm not a monitor expert, perhaps someone here can give an ID. My guess would be Varanus Tristis.

This is a pretty exciting find i think, you don't get to see this everyday. It's great to be able to see this in the wild, but a shame the BHP has been killed.

Enjoy
Jim

Attachments

• 26BHP.JPG
    26BHP.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 28BHP.JPG
    28BHP.JPG
    654 KB · Views: 284
  • 32BHP.JPG
    32BHP.JPG
    584.9 KB · Views: 272
  • 31BHP.JPG
    31BHP.JPG
    692.5 KB · Views: 260
Always a shame seeing that, thousands get killed every day, depressing just seeing one dead. excuse my ignorance but is that a scalaris?

what a find but such a shame at the same time to see both animals dead....would have been great to see both alive...

yup, it was a beaut looking monitor, the stripes are very much the same colour as the red dirt

hey i found a road killed BHP the other day to it was near georgetown NWQ and it also had a monitor inside it a black headed monitor, very interesting to see. ill post some pics

although they are intersting photos, i dont think it was worth running the poor thing over guys.......lol
its always interesting to see, gives us a look at how they are in the wild....

yes it's always a shame when you come across road kill of any kind, but interesting to document.

interesting to see the pells that far west.... nice one too. the second monitor is a tristis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back