Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatelina

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went away to the Blue Mountains for 2 weeks and unfortunately came across these two specimens along the roadside whilst walking to the pools.
roadkillliz.jpg
roadkillsnake.jpg

The only live things I saw were two skinks (which I unsuccesfully identified due to the large number of skinks that looked the same to me in my identification book) an owl at night, and a whole bunch of spiders that decided to take shelter from the rain in our tent.
skink1.jpg

Regardless...am glad to be back. Hello to all!
Any idea on what type of snake that was?

ack thats no good. my partner's parents just got back from mathoura and were telling me about how a woman hit a red bellied black with her car and left it writhing there (broken back). My gut reaction would be to put an animal suffering like that out of its misery (once I had established it couldnt be rehabilitated). Is that the wrong thing to do? Ive never come across the situation myself but I don't think I could handle an animal suffering any longer than it needed to if there was no chance of successful recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back