safety q?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moses

Reaction score
I gave my 7mth old carpet python a live hopper to eat last night, and she seems totally disinterested. She has eaten a hopper a week the last 2 weeks. Is it safe to leave the live hopper in there with her till she eats it, or should I take it out? Thanks in advance, Moses

I reckon take it out - you don't want her to get used to living with a mouse. 8)

Hey Moses,
Long time no hear!

I would not leave the hopper in with your snake unless your were observing the whole time... better safe than sorry!
:)

Hello all and thank you for your replies. It is winter here and I have been very busy with all of my college courses and work, but still take a peek at the site when I can. As for parting the water, the damn water is frozen solid, -26 with the wind chill, makes me want to go back home to Barbados.

Could it be the reason that your snake isnt ieating because s/he is due to shed?

And I would take the mouse out if it has not gone already. You don't wnt the snake getting hurt if the mouse decides to get attitude! hehehe

I have had her since sept last year and she only shed once, and she has almost doubled in length since I got her. I only have a heat pad under her terrarium and a big water dish in it, maybe I have a humidity problem? she is very healthy and well adjusted with a great temperment. She curls up around my neck or arm when I do my work on the computer 8) . Oh I wet her down about 3-4 times a week with warm water just to keep her skin moist before I put her back in the ter... should I get a heat lamp? Oh yeah, I do not mist her or the ter, should I? As you can all tell I am still thrilled that I have her :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back