Saigon...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy_07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm in Saigon at the moment for a 4-day weekend, woohoo!! Just thought I'd start this as a little travel diary. I know u all want to know ;)

Got in late last night to discover a couple I met traveling in Sapa a few weeks ago are staying here too - score! They're awesome.

Today, went on a walking tour on my own, but got sucked in by some tricky marketing ploys of a cyclo guy, so decided to let him take me instead. I saw the imperial palace, notre dame (conveniently not bombed during the war), markets, the war museum, some temples, Saigon river, & botanic gardens & the Saigon zoo. Good times. I've seen it all now. But then the cyclo guy totally ripped me off! "... No no no that price was PER HOUR!" :shock: So, pretty expensive day. Good thing it was all interesting.

The war museum is sooo interesting, even if you aren't into that stuff, but very full on. The photography is unreal, plus the bomb & tank relics. The agent orange effected fetuses were weird & over the top for me. But well worth seeing, albeit a bit depressing.

If I was already a bit down, I was a glutton for punishment heading to the zoo! Heaps of stuff there, but will have to post the pics next week from Hanoi.

Off to Dong Tam snake farm tomorrow - it's a venom extraction centre & snake leather processing place. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'll take pics.

It's like Vegas down here compared to Hanoi!! More to come....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back