Save Steve's Place

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done and signed.

I should not matter what info there is and what animals are threatned - just sign it anyway - if you care about the land and the animals........

"just sign it anyway" is that how you approach all such issues?

signed, thanks for bringing to our attention.

Steve Rules! RIP

cheers & good stuff everyone

thought id just bump it up again

When i signed early yesterday there was 400 signatures, now theres almost 3000. Good response for just over 1 day!

Excellent work.

I have promoted it thorugh my site, Redlands Wildlife too.

Keep on signing guys, once this place is mined it is stuffed.

Cape Alumina will tell the public all about their 'green credentials' through their slick marketing spin and about how they intend to replant the area mined. What a joke, destroy virgin habitat and then expect wildlife to adapt to a having a few thousand tube stock planted in their place. This is absurd, keep fighting, Stevo would be going ballistic over this and rightly so.

Finally, all the bauxite mined will be flogged to Asia, we have to stop beng China's quarry and Japan's beach. Our greatest natural resource is our native fauna and flora and we have to fight to protect it from unscrupulous corporations who care for nothing more than their fat CEO bonuses.

Bumpity Bump, almost 6 500 signatures, I'm dissapointed, was hoping it would be increasing a little quicker than this, if you haven't signed yet, do your bit for Australian wildlife.

Bad news today, Cape Alumina P/L have been granted access to SIWR to contiue with their Environmental Impact Studies, which are simply a prelude to the devastation they will cause to this pristine environment when the begin bauxite mining.

They still have to apply to the Qld Govt for a mining licence, so lets keep pressure up to stop theis environmental terrorism from taking place in our own country.

mrmikk - love your work!! I agree with your comments - "environmental sustainability" is one thing - but that doesn't mesh with wilderness areas which should just be left alone in their virgin state.

7289 Signatures - let's keep it going! Send the link http://www.australiazoo.com.au/phpPETITION/ to all your contacts - let's make this happen people!!

PS - mrmikk, We lived at Thornlands before we moved to New Zealand - love the Redlands! Excellent work done via the Redlands Wildlife Care Network.

Bad news today, Cape Alumina P/L have been granted access to SIWR to contiue with their Environmental Impact Studies, which are simply a prelude to the devastation they will cause to this pristine environment when the begin bauxite mining.

They still have to apply to the Qld Govt for a mining licence, so lets keep pressure up to stop theis environmental terrorism from taking place in our own country.

I just checked up on this thread, thats bad news! Hope everyone has at least looked into this, surly once you've read up on it, you'd sign away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back