Seeking Victorian Elapid Keepers for help with animal behaviour research

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pogona_nick

Reaction score
Hi all. I have some friends that are looking to do a study examining the effects of snake odour on the behaviour of small skinks at Monash Uni. We were hoping that there might be some keepers of elapids that would be willing to help us out with our study by letting us place paper towels in with their snakes to gather the snake odour a couple times a week for the duration of the study.

Specifically we are seeking Victorian (the closer to Monash Uni the better) keepers of the following species:
Antaioserpens warro Warro burrowing snake
Austrelaps ramsayi Highlands copperhead
Austrelaps superbus Lowlands copperhead
Cacophis harriettae White-crowned snake
Cacophis krefftii Dwarf crowned snake
Cacophis squamulosus Golden crowned snake
Cryptophis boschmai Carpentaria small-eyed snake
Cryptophis nigrescens Small-eyed snake
Cryptophis nigrostriatus Black-striped snake
Demansia psammophis Yellow-faced whipsnake
Demansia vestigiata Lesser black whipsnake
Drysdalia coronoides White-lipped snake
Drysdalia rhodogaster Rose-bellied snake
Furina diadema Red-naped snake
Furina dunmalli Dunmall's snake
Hemiaspis signata Marsh snake
Parasuta flagellum Little whip snake
Parasuta spectabilis Spectacled hooded snake
Lialis burtonis Burton's snake-lizard (not an elapid, but we are still interested)

If you are willing to help us out feel free to respond here, or if you want to remain confidential just PM me or shoot me an email: [email protected] and I will put you in touch with the people running the study.
Thanks a lot for your help!

There are a couple elapid specific groups (FB and forums) that you might have more success with!

Interested to hear about what the study finds...

Thanks for the advice. I will try and branch out and spread the word on some of these more elapid specific groups. As with most scientific research it may be a while till the study is complete and the analysis of the results is done, but when that is all sorted out I will endeavour to post an update on their findings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back