Seller Won't Give License Number

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizard_Lilith

Reaction score
Hi all

Both I and the seller are in NSW. Last weekend I picked up a 5mo carpet in Sydney from a bloke. He asked for my license details right before our meet up and I figured he was driving or would give his to me in person. He said he'd get them to me when he got home because he'd had a big night before and was "lucky to be awake". He seemed really genuine and I was probably too excited to get the little one. A week later, I've messaged him and asked him again. He says he will get them to me later today. At this point I don't believe him and think he is stalling me until I go away.

My worry is, obviously if he doesn't give me his license, I can't register the new noodle with NPWS. If I contact them about this, what will they do? Will they fine me for being a dumbass? Will they take her away? What do I do now? Obviously, I'll be happy if he DOES send me his details but I really doubt that's going to happen at this point.

If it’s just a carpet, they’ll prob just add to your license if you contact them (or take it away). Make sure to give them all the info you can on the seller.

In future:
ALWAYS get details BEFORE receiving the animal or sending money

Just keep annoying him untill he gives in

Sorry thats happened to you but there's a good lesson in this (and yeah I did exactly the same thing 20 years ago). Never give or receive an animal without seeing an actual permit, you are required to see a copy, decide that its legit and in date before any animal ever exchanges hands. Totally your responsibility and if that person gets caught then everyone they sold to gets their animals seized - no refunds.
Ive done hundreds of sales this year and have also noticed that there's apparently permit "collectors" online, you message them to purchase something, they ask for a copy of your permit, then they dissapear. Absolute dogs dragging other people that are trying to do the right thing into their greasy cesspool.

Latest posts

Back