Shark diving at manly aquarium

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abnrmal91

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been shark diving at manly aquarium as I am going tomorrow. It will be a little different from cage diving with great whites like last year, but I still think it will be great.

Only thing that sucks is you arnt allowed to take pics underwater, only the pics they take.

Here is last years pics and hopefully I can get some from tomorrow.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/chit-chat-39/shark-diving-sa-pic-heavy-167352/

I went shark diving there about 20 years ago when I still had my diving certificate. It was awesome. I was wet from sweat long before I got in, being down in their tunnels with wetsuit and several weight belts on, but once in it was ok. Just have to watch out for sharks when you first get in and swim over the tube, just to make sure you don't land on any.....unless you want to ride one.

They also tell you to watch your step for the wobbegongs and stingrays.

Nothing compared to cage diving with great whites though, that would be something else!

i took hubby there about 3 years ago, he loved it! the only thing which came close to biting him was the sea turtle lol. the best thing about it was that they never ended up charging our credit card, which i told them about 3 times hehehe. have a great time tomorrow and make sure you have some one in the tunnel to take pics for you

My parents got me (plus my brother) the diving for bday present so they can take some pics from the tunnel.

I went about 4 years ago. It was definitely a good experience, but I doubt it will be anything like diving in a cage with great whites.

Some big sharks, fish, turtles and rays in there, as well as an adventurous little Port Jackson shark that isn't afraid to come right up to you, swim between your legs etc. When I went, most of the sharks were asleep but still gliding around - they tell you to make sure you move out of their way so they don't nudge you..

And yes, the instructor is the only one taking the pics underwater which certainly sucks - but they are good pics at least..

And yes, the instructor is the only one taking the pics underwater which certainly sucks - but they are good pics at least..
It sucks I bought an underwater camera for the cage diving, ended up with about 400 photos plus heaps of videos. Annoyed I can't use it again.

You must tell us whether it was any good. It is something on my list of things to do so I will be interested to know if it is still as good as people have found in the past

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back