Shedding Again??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferris123

Reaction score
My Woma Donald is showing all the signs of being in another shed cycle 10 days after finishing his last.
What has me confused is that while his eyes and body are cloudy and he is spending long periods in his hide, he is still eating, pooping and basking between his hot and cold spots..
Is he in shed and just basically doing what he wants.
Should I stop feeding him in case he is shedding?

They can eat while in shed, mine always does, it's a personality thing whether they eat or not, and depends if he is having a growth spurt, mine did two sheds in 3 weeks when he was about a year old, so long as he's not fat it's fine, don't overthink it.

They can eat while in shed, mine always does, it's a personality thing whether they eat or not, and depends if he is having a growth spurt, mine did two sheds in 3 weeks when he was about a year old, so long as he's not fat it's fine, don't overthink it.
yeah he is in a growth spurt at the moment...hard to be accurate but he has gained maybe another 4 cms in length and has gone from 71.7 grams to 85.9 grams since his shed 10 days ago...he isnt fat just adding length and padding out i think...i will try not to over think in the future

Yeah sounds like he's just having a growth spurt, it's all good we all overthink every now and then wondering if we're doing all that's right for our pets. It's good to ask questions! Just meant try not to worry yourself too much. :)

Back