Shedding Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bowel of water under the heat lamp once the cloudy eyes clear... works a charm every time

stinks a bit but hey gets the job done....lol.... i think ya got the gist of it africa

Regardless of what others have said, there is no problems with assisting your snakes with the slough. Wether it you helping them or a branch it doesn't matter. The only time it isn't advised is if it isn't time and your using a stanley knife to assist them, otherwise it is alright.

Not really Colin, sometimes they won't produce the layer between the new and old skin, so if you try and help them, it's like trying to skin them alive. Obviously that won't happen, but you can do some fairly significant damage. Holding them gently and letting them come out by themselves is ok, but don't pull the skin back.

Quote:Regardless what others have said, there is no problems with assisting your snakes with the slough.

If you prematurely assist with the ecdysis then you will have problems, regardless what other people have said.

i find a piece of drift wood does the trick.....seems to have little tuffs of wood that snakes can catch themselves on for the purpose of shedding.........find rocks are too smooth for them.

thats hy ya use volcanic rocks..... all sorts of sharps on them and heaps around my area i dont know about anywhere else.

I just give em a good bake to make sure all the nasties are well and truely desintergrated before making use of them

I very rarely have any shed problems. I just keep the humidity where it's supposed to be and almost always the sheds come off perfect.

I think that maybe a few people here have missed what was said at the begging,,,,, the word was "ASSIST" not prematurely force them. Wake up, if they are sloughing then you can assit them, Eplain to me how allowing them to slide through your hands as they are sloughing and giving them a little assistance is going to hurt? As I mentioned it isn't advisable to do it with a stanley knife. If you missed the punt I meant by slicing them when they weren't in need or ready??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back